Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

In my case, turning it on from automatic improves it.

Highlighted
Hiker

Proverò questa sera

Highlighted
Hiker

No non cambia nulla...gopro spenta da qualche minuto la accendo e premo rec.... Un disastro 

Highlighted
Hiker

Ho fatto ulteriori prove.. 

Con riduzione vento ad off il Pop è ancora presente

Con riduzione rumore on si sente qualcosina in sottofondo ma il problema si riduce notevolmente..non sparisce del tutto in condizione di estremo silenzio si sentono dei colpetti leggeri ma non esagerati come quando è impostato su Auto

Andrea

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone, 

We appreciate your feedback. We have shared this with them and they are looking into it. 

To help isolate the issue, will you be able to send a sample raw clip? You may upload it and share the link here. Information on the items below will also be helpful. 

1. Setting used including that of Wind/Audio

2. SD Card used (brand, capacity)

3. External mic used if any

4. Mount/Accessory used 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

It seems it was just pure luck that I got a few videos without audio issues after setting Wind to Off. I haven't yet tried On, but makes sense that the wind noise reduction would also somewhat reduce the popping sounds as well.

So, GoPro representatives, do all Hero9 cameras produce these popping sounds, or only some faulty ones? Has the development team already be able to reproduce this issue, and is it caused by a software bug or a hardware fault?

Highlighted
GoPro

We do not have any information about it yet, @deletion. We will be able to update here once we hear back from them. We are still collating details about the issue. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

says something about your quality department, doesn't it? ;)

First thing I noticed after a day of shooting with my new GoPro9 were the weird and disturbing audio clicks in the right channel. Judging by the community feedback I am not the only one. The only question is how you guys manage to miss such obvious bugs?!?!