Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

[ New ]
I thought mine was only doing it in the first minute after turning it on but I was out the other day and left it on all the time for just that reason and I did still get some pops, though not nearly as bad as during the first minute.

From what I’ve investigated it’s the front mic that is picking up the sound, so in my experiments turning the Wind Filter to ON stops you getting the pops as it is using a different mic...unfortunately the audio doesn’t sound nearly as good as when it uses the 2 stereo mics. This is also why using the media mod fixes the problem. But it is a workaround until GoPro either fixes the problem or we all give up and get an Osmo Action or Pocket instead!
Tourist

[ New ]

Today I received my camera replacement, this camera is even worse! Same popping sounds, but now even more frequently.

What a way to treat customers who paid their hard earned money for this piece of sh*t!! They didn't check the camera before sending it to me, that's bull**bleep**!

Back to chat support, probably same questions as before; "Did you reset the camera, did you reinstall the FW, did you..."

I want my money back!

Tourist

[ New ]

Just an update on my Hero 9.

I think about two weeks after I purchased my Hero 9 is when I started to experience the audio popping noise.I thought itw as just me, but thern I found this thread.

After speaking to support, they had me send it in and they sent a replacement.

The replacement so far has been great. No issues whatsoever and it was already updated to the latest firmware.

I think I've had this replacement for about two or three weeks roughly and I'm satisifired with it so far.

Hope everyone here thats having issues get a good replacement.

Have a great Thanksgiving all.

Hiker

[ New ]
Ti chiederei di procedere all'update manuale dell'attuale FW online per vedere se dopo il problema rimane risolto o se viene in qualche modo ripristinato...tanto per capire se il FW che hai attualmente preinstallato possa essere o meno la risoluzione software al problema...altrimenti è hardware e li sono problemi
Tourist

[ New ]

Support tried to be funny. I asked for a refund because it seems they cannot solve this sound issue.

This is a part of the conversation:

• Me (11/25/2020, 4:53:57 PM): I just want a refund.
    N.... (11/25/2020, 4:57:25 PM): I understand that you wanted a refund however we have already processed a replacement for it. Refund is only applicable to brand new camera.
    N.... (11/25/2020, 4:57:39 PM): But no worries as we are more than willing to help you further with this.
    Me (11/25/2020, 4:58:19 PM): It was a brand new camera, it's not my fault you need to replace it because there is a hardware fault!!!

I've had it with GoPro support, I'd rather spend some time on making a nice review on youtube about this sh*t camera!

So BE AWARE: ask immediately for a refund because after a replacement you can't get that anymore!

Hiker

[ New ]
I'm giving it to Christmas and then a YouTube video. Positive or negative.

The audio update is going to be late for the adapter so who knows when the internal audio is fixed or whether it's possible. They're not saying.

So are they saying that the replacement camera you received was't new so they can't replace it?

I hope they're not playing 'Pass the Parcel' games.

Great sales technique. Sell as many as you can. Replacements handed out. No refunds then. Next model next year and quietly forget the old cameras.
Hiker

[ New ]
Wow that’s terrible! I would check the consumer law where you live because here in Australia if a product is faulty we’re entitled to a refund if that’s what we want. Several years ago my partner bought a Dell 4K monitor and after about 3 months it started glitching and then died. The replacement lasted about 1 month before the same happened to it, then the next replacement only lasted about 10 days. At that point we asked for a refund and Dell customer support, who are just people in a call centre following a script, said no they only do replacements. We said no, by law in Australia - law that they actually had written on the Dell website! - we are entitled to a refund. Weeks of conversation and they just would not give a refund so we lodged a complaint with the Department of Fair Trading. They then contacted Dell and after several more weeks we finally got our money back. It was so dumb - quite clearly that model was a lemon as a new model had already been released. The intelligent thing to do would be to offer a replacement with the new model, but no the Dell support could not think like humans only follow a script. My partner bought an ASUS 4K monitor instead - it was cheaper, actually has a better picture, and several years later haven’t had any issues with it (touch wood). My partner used to only ever buy Dell monitors, neither of us will ever touch another Dell product again in our lives after that.

So I would definitely pursue the refund - big companies spout BS like that because too many people just accept it and don’t push back. Did you buy it directly from GoPro or from a retailer? If from a retailer you might be able to get the refund by going back to them instead of GoPro.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi there,

yes, I bought directly from the EU GoPro website. BTW, I live in Belgium but have to check about the laws concerning this matter. I believe they have to repair it and if it can't be repaired they need to replace it by the same or better similar product.

@Hiker: I also asked her if the replacement camera was a refurbished one and she replyed "NO". So it is new, or what else?

• Me (11/25/2020, 4:59:04 PM): So you're telling me you replaced my camera by a refurbished one?
    N.... (11/25/2020, 5:01:43 PM): We did not replace it with refurbished camera. All of our products undergone a lot of control tests before we ship it.
    Me (11/25/2020, 5:02:51 PM): Then that control is bad! The problem is there in the first minute of the recordings, so the person checking those things is not capable!

It looks like they don't know the answer and want to push this problem in front of them, don't know exactly how to translate this in English.