Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

[ New ]
How strange. With a bit of luck, this might help GoPro figure out what is going on with the audio. Thank you.
Tourist

[ New ]

Since technical support decided to keep quiet, I returned my camera to the store. Smiley Sad

Tourist

[ New ]
ruokunx055, That is promising, and I'm also hoping like the many others here that GoPro is able to work this out and fix it. I don't know if I'm prepared to invest in the media mod, which I don't really want, just to get rid of pops and crackles in my audio.
Hiker

[ New ]

Having been using the media mod for last two outings I decided to use it without yesterday just the windslayer on ! The pops are back but luckily I was on my bike so the audio was disguised by wind noise . 

However replaying the footage it was noticeable quite a lot throughout all of the footage I took about an hours worth, so no using without the mod from now on !!

I wonder if this next firmware update will sort this out finally ?

Hiker

[ New ]

io non intendo acquistare il mediamod.

L'audio dei microfoni interni della gopro è decisamente migliore di quello direzionale del mediamod.

Se non sistemano con la prossima release del FW la restituisco e cambio purtroppo brand

Andrea

Hiker

[ New ]

Pops and crackles are not there when using media mod but they'll be back when using camera next time without mod. My guess is the problem has something to do with with some component not working properly before camera warms up. When using media mod, audio is routed differently and that's why signal is clean. When you take off media mod and camera has already warmed up, the signal is clean, too. You'll hear the pops again next time, when starting with "cold" camera. This is what happens my Hero 9s with and without media mod.

Hiker

[ New ]

Una cosa non mi è ancora chiara...ci sono gopro che invece non hanno questo problema ?? 

ne ho provate 3...e tutte e 3 presentano questo problema mi sembra davvero strano

Tourist

[ New ]
Это не странно. Это брак.