Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

12 days for me🤦‍♂️
Highlighted
Tourist

12 Days wow. That's poor.
I used the 9 yesterday and it appear the popping sound is more evident or louder in first 10 seconds or so. Are others experiencing this or throughout the vid?
Highlighted
Hiker

Mine does it randomly. Sometimes it starts in the middle of a clip, but one recommendadtion has been to turn on and wait before starting to video.

My first thoughts were that something might be ‘warming up’ in the camera which causes the noise, (a component?) If it turns out to be something like that, there will be no firmware fix for it.

Highlighted
Tourist

Well I'm still using my 4th unit and tried using it on a long walk and some droning along the beach this Saturday. I had the unit on the whole time to try and work around the crackles and pops, which are definitely worst when recording within 30-60 seconds of turning the unit on, however I still had numerous pops throughout my recording. The video is great - pops and crackles are not!! Instant capture isn't even an option with this issue. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Sightseer

On the first day after the purchase, I found a problem with the sound. The next day I handed over the camera to the store and exchanged it for a new one. I faced the same problem. I did not take the third camera and filed a refund. In search of an alternative camera.

Highlighted
Hiker

Sono molto fiducioso che risolvano con un aggiornamento FW, anche se sarei molto più tranquillo nel leggerlo in un comunicato ufficiale GoPro

Highlighted
Hiker

Gopro dlaczego jesteś głuchy na ten krzyk rozpaczy?

Highlighted
Tourist

My gopro9's audio pops all the time, so I got my media mod today. The audio is perfect when the media mod is on. However, the important thing is when I put the media mod on and set audio from Gopro's internal mic, NO pops at all. Then I took off the media mod, did some tests with Gopro 9. Still, NO pops. Thus, my GoPro 9's audio is working well even without the media mod. I will do more tests and post my result. If anyone who also got the media mod, could you share your experiences here?