Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

[ New ]

Let them make an official announcement. First of all, I care about the sound. Let them give me the money back for the **bleep**. It is you, do not spam and go on vacation with this thread.

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya 

Will future camera firmware updates resolve this audio pop issue?

Or is this audio pop problem a problem that can only be solved by replacing the camera body?

Please answer only the above two points.

We will wait for the answer.

Nomad

[ New ]

@godv wrote:

@mariustanya 

Or is this audio pop problem a problem that can only be solved by replacing the camera body?

You're good. Keep going :)

Backpacker

[ New ]

hi @godv 

Sorry to hear about what happened. GoPro have the case sent for review.

The product team is still working to understand and fix theudio issue. As a workaround, warm up your camera (simply by having it on) for about 2 minutes prior to starting the recording. This has shown to help prevent the audio popping from showing up in the video.

Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]
☝️😃☝️😆☝️😁
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Dear @GoPro team, It’s good to hear😂😂😂😂
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
It was quite good joke🤦‍♂️
Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya 

@aenriquez 

@aragon1006 

@jefft 

@haindash 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @godv

Sorry for any trouble caused.

This is still being looked at by the team in charge. We'll post back once we have information to share.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006 

Thank you for your reply.

This issue has been pointed out since the launch of HERO9 Black.

The HERO9 Black will be available on September 17, 2020.

About 8 months have passed.

When will this issue be resolved?

Backpacker

[ New ]

hi @godv 

Sorry to hear about what happened. GoPro have the case sent for review.

The product team is still working to understand and fix theudio issue. As a workaround, warm up your camera (simply by having it on) for about 2 minutes prior to starting the recording. This has shown to help prevent the audio popping from showing up in the video.

Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Купил камеру с рук. Ни вернуть, ни обменять ее не могу. Приходится извлекать звук и отдельно его редактировать, выискивая щелчки. Отвратительная ситуация. Первая в жизни экшн-камера и такое разочарование.

Hiker

[ New ]

Я купил свою, когда она была выпущена. Сделал два коротких видео, и с тех пор он остается в коробке. Зависания, зависания, треск, плохой цвет. Не стоит использовать

Tourist

[ New ]

I was told this but what action cam is worth anything when you need to wait a year for it to warm up before you record anything - the action could literally be gone during that time.

Go pro really need to give a definitive answer in how they aim to address the numbers of people that are ultimately stuck with a not fit for purpose product.

This is not what you expect from buying the market leading product.

At some point they need to fix it- and compensate the people who have purchased and had to live with a defective product whilst they are making up their mind

Tourist

[ New ]
And worse than all that... they are still selling the product knowing its got issues.

Disgraceful
Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006 

Tourist

[ New ]
It won’t be. Just like good little sheep, this Corporation wants us to all go away so they can show profits to their shareholders. Live, learn and think about the next product you purchase, regardless of your loyalty.
Nomad

[ New ]

My patience is running out. I don’t believe they will solve all the problems. They seem to care about the thickness of their wallets ... I hope this company goes bankrupt soon. I look forward to a new camera model from DJI ...

Tourist

[ New ]

Same here. But you should all ask for a free audio adapter or mod. I got one for free, it doesn't solve the problem for real action or filming in wet enviroments but at least it does solve the problem for vloggers, static and indoor filming.

Probably solving the issues of this crappy cam costs more than giving away an audio adapter for free.

Hiker

[ New ]

I'm just hoping that tech support is reading this and will make it right for all of us. And I know they are listening, it's their site. 
Let us just hope that they will at the very least give us a good trade in value on the Hero 10 when it's released. If they're continuing to sell the Hero 9 with no upgrades or software updates knowing there's continuing issues is one thing. But to totally ignore their customers would be unacceptable in the long run. I'm keeping the faith that they will see this through. 

There are too many posts on YouTube and written reports floating around out there so they cant ignore it. 

I've been continuing to read all the ranting on these issues and I share your frustration because I too own a Hero 9. It was my first ever Go Pro purchase. If Go Pro can make this right in some way with their customers that deserve to be heard I will take another chance on their product. If not I would think being ignored this way is very disgusting. 

Feeling your pain everyone.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Heard through the gravepine that NBC new's is going to do a story on the Hero 9 and GoPro's inability to fix  the audio issue even though thousands of users have complained about it.  NBC is also asking why GoPro has not publically announced this issue nor made their stock holders aware of it. They also interviewed a Lawfirm that is looking at a class action lawsuit against GoPro.  My cousin works for the local NBC affiliate and it's been the talk of the station. 

Backpacker

[ New ]

1:  You don't interview a law company for "thinking" about launching a lawsuit.  That would just open the news station and the ficticious "law company" up to a huge libel suit.  You interview a law company (firm by the way) when the case has actually been filed and granted a hearing.

2:  Upcoming wildfire season, upcoming hurricane season, mass shootings, people in turmoil over whether or not their state can drop restrictions if they get close to herd immunity.  Yet audio drop outs on a camera is the "Talk of the station!".  Is this station run by 8th graders or something?

3:  There's already a huge lawsuit with GoPro involving patent infringement that's been going on for years (here's a hint, it's why you no longer have protune settings in your app!).  Which news station covered that?  Oh no wait, it's just a few online articles linking to the court filings (which GoPro alread informed investors over).  Not one news station covered something that affects ALL of GoPro's digital cameras (I say digital as obviously this doesn't affect their film camera's, but considering GoPro sold 40 million cameras total of last year), don't you think the "local news station" would have covered something that affected that many camera's?

4:  GoPro just got awarded a patent for drone noise cancellation technology.  Which news station covered that?  Oh wait, it's just a few online articles linking to the patent.

5:  As for thousands of complaints... lets just take this thread as an example of someone's poor math.  Avg 8 posts per page, 103 pages, that equels 824 complaints (not thousands).  If you read carefully you'll see that at least 30% (and I'm shooting low here) are repeat posts by the same users, responses by same users, responsed by admin and some crazy guy who keeps repeating the same post over and over again.  So figuring high (to be generous) that's 576 complaints.  GoPro (in Q1 alone) sold 700,000 camera's (US sales).  So not even including last years sales, that's a pretty impressive numbers.  Due to price point and sales data, the GP9 out sells the GoPro Max by a wide margin, but let's be very generous and assume that the GP9 only made up 500,000 of those sales (and remember, this is Q1 sales alone in the US).  That means out of 500,000, there are only 576 complaints of audio issues which means that less than 0.001152% people are complaining about audio drop outs.   Yeah, highly newsworthy "Talk of the station" stuff there! 

Yeah, I call horsepucky.  I "heard through the grapevine" that somoene likes to make up stories.  

Nomad

[ New ]

You're playing with statistics, Irish.

Most. People.  Don't . Complain. 

9 is the bugliest GoPro yet by far and the order process thru this site was quite de-stoking. 

I'll still get a 10,  but will wait until Spring 22 and will purchase from a Box store and use clone accessories to even out the price bump. 

App is starting to become useable.   Nearly Summer of 21 however!

Extremely vulnerable and risky business model, it is sad. 

Nomad

[ New ]
Just because 500,000 people do not know about the factory defect, the GoPro may feel justified and do nothing about it. The drama of the company and its approach to the client.
Backpacker

[ New ]

You're playing with statistics, Irish.

I'm stating the facts that are presented.  

Most. People.  Don't . Complain. 

Most people can't wait to complain.  Even if it's their fault.  People love to complain.  Get a bunch of people in a room, get one person to complain, within 10 minutes the rest of them will have joined in.  It's basic psychology.  People love to compete and complaining itself is a form of competition.  

9 is the bugliest GoPro yet by far and the order process thru this site was quite de-stoking. 

I 100% completely agree!  I know some people may have thought my previous post was a defense or justification of GoPro, it's not.  I honestly think that the GoPro Hero 9 was an unfinished camera that was rushed to release to meet a deadline (hence the many many firmware updates it needed and still needs).  I think some of the issues lie in the hardware, some in the firmware and even some in the App itself (that cause issues with the GoPro Hero 9).  I also think customer fullfillment and returns needs to drastically improve.  No, the reason I made the last post was in response to someone spouting complete and utter nonsense about the "BREAKING NEWS STORY" that was going to happen on a major tv network.  That's complete and utter nonsense and I was simply calling them out on their complete and utter horse pucky.  This very long string of complains regarding audio issues should concentrate on that and state the facts.  It should not be about some child stomping their feet saying "Well I'm going to tell mommy on you..." or in this case "This is going to be a breaking news story....".  That type of utter childish horse pucky just wastes peoples time and should be stopped.  Leave the childish lies at home in their toybox and deal with the facts.  (I have to use the term horse pucky instead of the phrases I want to use to avoid automatic censorship by the forum btw).

1:  Lots of users have reported Audio popping and GoPro themselves stated (in another forum post) that they were looking into it.  

2:  It doesn't seem to affect people using media mods or mic adapters.

3:  The only GoPro solution offered so far has been "let your camera warm up for 2 minutes before shooting" which as a fix even I think is not acceptable.  I also can't understand it, if it was a camera processing error, then cooler temps would work better, not warmer temps.  Cooler temps would affect the battery performance though.  So is this error battery related?  Does the battery not discharge quick enough at cool temps?  Or is the issue with the provided SD card?  Does anyone have this issue who is not using a Sandisk card?

I'll still get a 10,  but will wait until Spring 22 and will purchase from a Box store and use clone accessories to even out the price bump. 

I haven't had any issues with my own online orders, they've all been smooth to be honest.  But in regards the next model, I would honestly wait a few months before purchasing and let the "honest" reviews speak for themselves.  Reviews by the GoPro "family" members are extremely one sided and fail to mention quite a lot of things.  Other reviewers want to become GoPro "Family" members and therefore refuse to say bad things about the products at all.  So at thing point, get to know your reviewers, learn who's worth following and who will actually be honest.  Let them test the GoPro Hero 10 and see what they have to say when it's released.  

App is starting to become useable.   Nearly Summer of 21 however!

Unfortunately the app developement is way behind where it should be (and the competition).  GoPro keep hiring marketing people and sales people, they need to hire app developers if they want people to use their product.  Right now the App is their most profit making source of revenue (due to the tie in with the GoPro Plus Subscription).  If they keep ignoring app developement, GoPro will sink and be left far behind.  Anyone can knock together an action camera with off the shelf parts (this is why there's so many cheap ones out there to buy), so software is the only place the companies can compete realistically for a price point.  GoPro badly need to catch up here

Extremely vulnerable and risky business model, it is sad. 

GoPro have made some pretty bad choices in the past.  Remember when they had what... 8 or 9 models all on sale at the same time using different hardware but ported versions of the same firmware?  It was a disaster.  They concentrated all their time on hardware and nothing on software and next thing stock prices were plunging.  Then they decided to get into the drone market twice (3DR solo and Karma drone).  Both overpriced underperforming drone models that were undercut by the abilities and price of the competition.  

It's now 2021 and we see GoPro have cut back on phsyical hardware with only a limited selection of models (finally!) but they still haven't put the resources into firmware and app developement.  Right now their strategy seems to be "Release a new model every year with only slight improvements to keep peope coming back".  Look at the competition who said "Don't release a model this year, instead, let's completely overhaul the firmware and add new features to keep selling the model we already make".  Look at the amount of money that saved and profit it generated.  No money spent on new hardware developement for a year, minimal spend on adding new features and improving existing firmware, new sales generated based on camera improvements.  This is what GoPro should be doing.  Make existing hardware work even better, stop the small incrimental updates on physical hardware which just results in buggy performance. 

Nomad

[ New ]
Happy, stoked, amazed enthusiasts VS moved xxx units by yyy date and Wall Street high fived us.

I saw some guy is on month 6 of a simple return process.

Lol. Months after experienced users privately sat the coast is clear for the 10 I will wait a bit longer and then see if any are in my local Best Buy. Braced for headaches and head shaking.

Look up “Good Will” in the company’s sense. GoPro’s reserve of good will is GONE. A proper customer oriented approach would have been to delay the 9 & app until truly ready. Instead of let’s fool Wall Street ready.
Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006 

Tourist

[ New ]

@irishmanpdx wrote:

2:  It doesn't seem to affect people using media mods or mic adapters.

I got a free audio adapter and that works, even while they said it wouldn't help. But now I have a cam, it's not an action cam anymore.

3:  The only GoPro solution offered so far has been "let your camera warm up for 2 minutes before shooting" which as a fix even I think is not acceptable.  I also can't understand it, if it was a camera processing error, then cooler temps would work better, not warmer temps.  Cooler temps would affect the battery performance though.  So is this error battery related?  Does the battery not discharge quick enough at cool temps?  Or is the issue with the provided SD card?  Does anyone have this issue who is not using a Sandisk card?

The only way I can explain the slightly better results when the camera is warmed up is that components inside the camera move and expand while warming up causing the cracks. This could also explain why some users have no problems and others frequently, if the screws and brackets that hold the PCBs and other components are fixed tightly enough there will be no cracks or they will only appear after many hours of use. I myself only have the cracking issue, not the overheating problem. Maybe in my camera the thermal paste on the mP and video chips was applied in the correct way while in other cameras having the heating problem it isn't done as it should? Getting the heat out of a closed hence waterproof case isn't easy, there are no external cooling fins.

I will never ever buy something from GoPro again. I've had cameras starting from Hero 2 and bought a new model at least every 2 years, the oldest models are now collecting dust and the 8 and 9 are still in use. I sold the 7, still regret that. For my next camera I will look at another brand. Those other brands also sell unfinished products, but at least they try to solve the mistakes they made.

Make existing hardware work even better, stop the small incrimental updates on physical hardware which just results in buggy performance. 

I think they 've run into the max performance of their hardware, the mP is getting old and is already pushed to it's limits. Adding more features, better frame rates and so on will not be possible using the old hardware. Look at Apple, they 've put an M1 in an iPad. Overkill, but maybe in a year it isn't overkill anymore but they can still use the same hardware to add a better camera, increase performance etc. Why unleash the full power now, next year they will do that and say it is the fastest iPad ever. It's the same, but without limitations. But GoPro has already reached that limit, they even crossed the line. They NEED new hardware to expand.

Nomad

[ New ]

I agree with you... I think audio popping sound is caused by "cold joints" and any software cant fix it.  Except they can disable one of the microphones, but its not a solution...

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya 

@aenriquez 

@aragon1006 

@jefft 

@haindash 

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,

I’m just preparing a video on how to permanently fix the popping issue.

The fix is very easy and very fast.

All you need is a hammer and a concrete surface. Gently place the GoPro on the concrete surface. If you want, you can wrap it in a towel to retain all parts.

Beat the hell out of the GoPro for a short while until you feel better.

You will find that the GoPro no longer pops and you don’t have to keep wasting your time writing to them because that’s the only thing you need to know.

It definitely works.

Following this, buy an Osmo Action, pack the GoPro up carefully and send it to GoPro in a plastic bag to check out the problem.

It definitely stops the popping.

Another, (less popular) method is the warm up without waiting. Get a portable blowtorch. Light it and point it at the camera. The GoPro warms up in less than a second and definitely will not pop ever again.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm also experiancing the same issues on my GoPro 9, i've spoken to support who ran me through the normal checks of manually doing the update and factory resets but as expected this didnt fix the issue. The repersentive also said that Go Pro are aware of the issue and there is no current fix but this is being investigated. They then offered me the mic adapter for troubleshooting purposes but I wouldnt be able to use this with my videos so refused, I mentioned the media mod but they are unable to send me one of these. 

I asked if its possiable for a refund due to the camera being faulty and with being a known issue and they said no as its not within the 30 day return window, which really surprised me as they have admitted the fault. 

I'm also experiancing another issue with my Max Lens Mod which they acknowledged and offered to exchange but would mean id be without a camera for 14 days while i return the faulty camera and lens mod, i was surrprised by this as im paying the subscription I thought they would of sent out a replacement first then charged you if the old camera wasnt sent back.

Tourist

[ New ]

@snowyexper831 wrote:

I asked if its possiable for a refund due to the camera being faulty and with being a known issue and they said no as its not within the 30 day return window, which really surprised me as they have admitted the fault. 

Always the same bullsh*t, the camera is faulty so it has to be replaced, repaired or refunded under waranty. But GoPro just doesn't want to do this although it is the law. It has nothing to do with the 30 day return window if you don't like the product.

Backpacker

[ New ]

I have to 100% agree with @myriamb3268 on this one.  You have a camera, it is faulty and you are entitled to a replacement under GoPro's very own warranty. 

If GoPro refuse this, then I would contact the Better Business Bureau. I wouldn't waste time with customer support if they've already refused your request for a camera they've admitted is faulty.  At this point I would go directly to the BBB https://www.bbb.org/  They will actually handle your claim for you.

Backpacker

[ New ]

@ianc408 I do approve of this video and would like to subscribe to your channel, please post the link here.

A few questions:

A:  Does this need to be a GoPro recommended hammer or will any hammer do?

B:  Should I leave the SD card in the camera while carrying out this fix?

C:  Is there an instructional video made yet?  I'm not sure if there's a particular hammer swing I should be using, a height or exact force and an instructional video would help I feel.

Hiker

[ New ]

The heavier the hammer, the better for a nice ‘flat’ profile.

The sd card will need to be reformatted or changed to a GoPro approved one.

I’m thinking of trying a Viking axe swing to get maximum flatness.

The camera is a joke, but what’s worse are the YouTube jokers who make videos when the blasted thing co operates. These guys are supported by GoPro because they never mention anything other than the best things about the GoPro and they continue to make these videos in Sunny, blue countries which is where GoPros work best.

In miserable English weather, I turn orange very often and look like I have plastic skin. A bit like the Lego Movies.

i’m serious, I might flatten the blasted camera!

The bloke on this channel is cpvery good looking.... https://youtube.com/user/iancraig10

If I make the video, I will definitely post it here for GoPro to keep for new customers. ;)

When I first got the GoPro 9, I tried to make a review video. It locked or froze or stopped recording over and over during the first ten minutes if filming so I gave up.

i couldn’t review it and be nice.

Backpacker

[ New ]

The heavier the hammer, the better for a nice ‘flat’ profile.

I decided to use the heaviest hammer I could get my hand on, so my friend (who is just back from NZ) lent me Mjölnir.  However for some reason I couldn't pick it up.  I may just use a rubber mallet, would this be acceptable?

The sd card will need to be reformatted or changed to a GoPro approved one.

I currently use Samsung Evo cards.  Strangely the people who have the issues all seem to be using Sandisk cards.  Should I switch in the hopes that I will experience the same issues?

I’m thinking of trying a Viking axe swing to get maximum flatness.

Is this akin to an "Irish Screwdriver"? pictured here

600-8016_AA.jpg

The camera is a joke,

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

but what’s worse are the YouTube jokers who make videos when the blasted thing co operates.

Yes, you never see people who make video's with their GoPro's when the camera's don't co-operate.....  

These guys are supported by GoPro because they never mention anything other than the best things about the GoPro and they continue to make these videos in Sunny, blue countries which is where GoPros work best.

I make video's with and about my GoPro's.  I make sure to mention downsides, faults and even post instructional video's on how to "fix" issues.  I am not supported by GoPro.  Please inform me as how one becomes supported by GoPro as it's rainy and cloudy here in the PNW and I want to go somewhere sunny with blue ..... countries?  WTH?  Are you talking about where the Smurfs live or something?  What the heck is a blue country?  

In miserable English weather, I turn orange very often and look like I have plastic skin. A bit like the Lego Movies.

You've turne orange?  I've heard of this and seen this for myself.  Have you recently been the inept President of a very large country who claims to have had his election stolen from him?  That sort of thing makes one Orange I believe.

i’m serious, I might flatten the blasted camera!

I thought you were going to....... this is why I responded.  I feel kinda cheated now....

The bloke on this channel is cpvery good looking.... https://youtube.com/user/iancraig10

He's probably very modest too!

If I make the video, I will definitely post it here for GoPro to keep for new customers. ;)

Please do, Although if I can recommend something?  Please do not smash your GoPro with a hammer.  Instead, bring it to a construction company, one that has legal explosives, or ask the Army if they can use it for target practise when firing ordinance.  If you could film it in slow motion too, that would also look awesome.  I mean, it's one thing to smash the camera, but at least put some production value into it and make it entertaining.  Ask yourself, What would Clarkson do? (beside punching an Irish person in the face, calling him a lazy **** and getting fired from his job.......... only to land a much better paying job at the worlds largest online company....).

Hiker

[ New ]
Spoiler
🤣
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 

Sorry for any trouble caused.

This is still being looked at by the team in charge. We'll post back once we have information to share.

I understand the period and I'm well aware of the disruptive consequences many companies were facing and still are (I've seen it personally, not easy by any means), but after 9 months I believe the team in charge should at least have an idea on the causes of this issue and the possible solutions. I don't mean to be rude here, but GoPro should give a definitive answer and an option or solution for those affected by the issue itself as soon as possible.

Just to be clear, we are talking about basic functionalities that define a working camera: video and, in this case, audio. Everything that concerns those two categories and that are deeply flawed need to be fixed in some way, and I'm sure you'll eventually do as I'm sure you Admins and Moderators share the same opinion.

Sometimes good communication between a company and its customers goes a long way in establishing an healthy and long relationship: what I see at the moment is the same answer given multiple times over the past few months, the same answer the customer service gave me (kudos with the girl at the customer service that had to deal with my broken English). Maybe a bit more of clarity and transparency, if possible, would be great.

Hopefully you'll get there as a company that takes pride in its own products.

Thanks in advance for your consideration, stay safe and let me tell you one thing: I haven't written in a forum since mid 2000's, oh boy these things never change! 

Cheers

A.

Nomad

[ New ]
That’s just it though, GoPro lost pride in it’s own products. And now speaks from scripts from afar.
Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006 

@aenriquez 

@mariustanya 

@jefft 

@haindash 

Tourist

[ New ]

So...

Same problem as everyone else. My voice also sounds mildly robotic.

Terrible. Might as well sell and drop to a Pro 8.

Hiker

[ New ]

Gopop here are some quotes you should take on board that you adhere to

“Denial is the way people handle what they cannot handle.”
― Shannon L. Alder

"Disinformation is more than just lying: it's the denial and twisting of reality in order to present some desired image to the rest of the world" - Will  Herd

“Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.”
― Shannon L. Alder

“Truth is only harsh if you're unable to face it.”
― Stewart Stafford

You sell your bunky ass junk Sh1t with F&cked up responses knowingly to end users for 9+ months and these answers growing so long in the tooth its a  joke - "SHAME on you"!!!!!!!  - so glad i don't own any of your crap anymore - your business model is so uncouth and vial to your customers! 

I can't wait to see Gopop sink for the greater good of your customers and robbing them of honest $ for your photoshoped promises

Hiker

[ New ]

‘What goes around, comes around’.

GoPro may well pay for the Hero 9 in that the Hero 10 might struggle a bit. Once people have found the flaws in the 9, they may not upgrade tbh.

i’ve used the GoPro since the 4 and accepted their faults and quirks, but not this time. I won’t be back again to support this company and I’m sure many others won’t be back either.

The only way I’d get a 10 is if they replaced my 9 with it which just ain’t gonna happen. My 9 has been used three times since it was released. Can’t trust it.

Hiker

[ New ]

surprised you still hold one. i was out end of Feb selling out with a small haircut during false hype along with hope. meh after 3 months if a "fundamental" camera issue isn't fixed there is more to come.

Leave with a small loss and massive resentment for buying a brand name that is nothing more than that; my S10 is always there and does a stellar job - don't need a fat f#ckd unreliable black paperweight that even their own parents won't admit is a bit "special" in its own way.

As a company they are a ghost in a shell; aftersales support is testament to that

P.S. i'm only here for the entertainment now with the hope there is a human within Gopro who actually cares about their product and people who buy it

Tourist

Betreff: Hero 9 audio pops

[ New ]

I recently had my GoPro 9 replaced for the third time. The replacement was very fast, after around 1 week my replacement device reached me today. it is my fourth GoPro Hero 9.

And you know what?
The cracks and pop sounds can already be heard on the first shot with the new camera.

I don't think it's a batch issue (unfortunately) and I don't know how many more times I should send the camera in.

Very disappointing.

Nomad

[ New ]
It’s a hardware issue. Possibly minimizable if you can warm up the camera, or use it in a setting with background sounds.

I’ll still get a 10, but only after alpha and beta testing is completed in perhaps June, 2022
Nomad

[ New ]
It’s a hardware issue. Possibly minimizable if you can warm up the camera, or use it in a setting with background sounds.

I’ll still get a 10, but only after alpha and beta testing is completed in perhaps June, 2022
Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006 

@aenriquez 

@mariustanya 

@jefft 

@haindash 

Tourist

[ New ]

I've turned off the wind option for standard stereo. I'm hoping that it improves but... all I'll now hear is wind.

Tourist

[ New ]

Today I contacted support again after my third replacement camera had the same problem as I said.

This time I was told that the camera would not be replaced again. He said "there is no point in replacing the camera, all GoPro 9 models have this problem".

I asked why I wasn't told that last time and the service guy said "I forgot that last time".

There would be an update in the future that would solve the problem. Why there was the problem for 6 months but neither a solution nor a proper statement was given, they do not know.

I used to be a big fan and always wanted a GoPro but couldn't afford it. Now I can afford them and am just disappointed.

Let's see what dji comes up with next around the corner.

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez 

@mariustanya 

@aragon1006 

@jefft 

@haindash