Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

By "load of rubbish" do you mean to say that your multiple H9s had pops in the audio even if recording started after 1 min of powering on the camera?

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for sharing the information. I tried that, But I have to say it didn’t work for my GH9.
There could be several causes of this trouble.
Highlighted
Nomad

Time has nothing to do with it.. you should never have pops and clicks at any time. I have 7 or so GoPros, 2 canons, 3 Sony's, a Panasonic  plus a few others and they all have no pops and clicks at any time.. (the GoPro 4 does get WiFi interference as per they all did)

who would contemplate buying a camera with pops and clicks, even if it "cleans up" after a minute.. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Siamo tutti d'accordo ma stiamo cercando di isolare e capire il problema; se fosse un problema hardware sarebbe un problema continuo; per me è un problema di ottimizzazione di prestazioni della gopro che va in crisi all'avvio per i vari thread e quindi la registrazione si ritrova in qualche modo a registrare male...salvo poi sistemarsi tutto quando i processi scaricano il processore.

Questo è quello che penso e confido vivamente nell'aggiornamento di Novembre

Andrea

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I've had my third Hero 9 for few days now. It has the same audio problem, pops and clicks.

It's now a part of the Gopro trademark, there are many users in Youtube having this problem.

Here's one example. Listen the audio between 0:40-0:50 https://youtu.be/fFXeQ7nUCRQ

Hopefully the fix will come in next update, otherwise I need to return this one too.

This is basically a test video for me to see what the GoPro 'auto' white balance does to the colour.I have spent a week now, fighting with its colour profile...
Highlighted
Hiker

I’m also waiting for the next update. If they don’t fix the issue, I will send my second cam back to GoPro. It’s not acceptable. Its not a no name product and I didn’t pay for device second or third class.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

As I said on my ‘GoPro’ video above, if this was a Sony camera, I would be horrified! To buy a camera with faults that we have to sit and wait for updates to sort out the faults that shouldn’t have been there in the first place .....

I’m quite saddened by this one. I have had GoPros since the 5 and they have slowly gone flashier but downhill in the picture department imo.

I have the Osmo Action, Pocket and Pocket 2. The Action and Pocket had issues intially, but never serious picture problems or sound problems or crashing/freezing problems.

i’m giving the 9 one or maybe two uodates before I make a YouTube video with the GoPro and a hammer, using the Osmo Pocket 2 to film it. At least that will bet views!!!

Too many issues for a £400+ camera.

Thank you for posting my video here.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I watched your video because I'm searching a solution for color profile and white balance problem too. It's way too saturated and contrasty for my taste. The skin tone gets orange, as you said. For now I'm using Gopro's (8 and 9) only for timewarps, landscapes and street videography. For vlogging I use Osmo Action. It has great color profile and needs very little grading. Waiting for OA2...