Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

[ New ]

I can confirm the problem is gone when using the mic. adapter. I use it with a Rode video mic, sound is way better.

But there are a few downsides: the whole gets bulky and isn't waterproof anymore. But for me it's a good temporary solution while waiting for a permanent fix.

Hiker

[ New ]
@myriamb3268 yes, its true. But at the moment the media mod we should get for free. Why we have to pay extra for extra equipment. It’s **bleep**ing @GoPro issue and they should find solution very fast. **bleep** company... Never more!!!
Nomad

[ New ]

Guys watch out I just replaced my GoPro 9 and the sound is good (how it should be), also had a problem in 1.5 vertical lines in slowmotion and it's also gone.

The first thing I did was charge the battery then a manual 1.5 Update install and everything good.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi

Do you record in WIND OFF by the internal microfons? NOT VIA THE MEDIA MOD! And the camera has to be in cold start mode.

Tourist

[ New ]

@isaakonfire hope you could do more tests and come back to tell us the result. I did a few tests when I got my replaced Gopro 9, and its audio sounded very good. After more tests, I was too naive.

Nomad

[ New ]

@ruokunx055 This was with the faulty Gopro (on a tripod, total "silence" in my house, volume turned up, the neighbours noises have been erased): https://youtu.be/i2kPGWdGhtU

With the replaced new one, on a tripod I can leave as long and as many times it doesn't pop. I won't upload 5 min. + audio samples with soundwaves graphics.

But it's when I grab it with the hand, still making tests when I can, that sometimes pops here and there, sometimes it doesn't at all, in part it's clearly because I'm rubbing it with the hand. But with out handling nothing, no pops.

Nomad

[ New ]

BTW the vertical line is still in my replaced Gopro firmware 1.5, I was wrong, tested with Wide FOV ( very dumb actually my previous Gopro was Ok too with Wide) and called victory but no, it's still there in all (recti)Linear modes with x8 slowmotion.

Tourist

[ New ]

OT: I tried to replicate the vertical line issue to no avail. Can you give me the exact settings?

I'm on the LABS FW, maybe it is fixed in that release.