Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

[ New ]

OA2 is an awesome camera. My favourite. Stable, sharp and delicious looking colour.

While GP are faffing around with their updates for the faults, there will be another company bypassing them so soon imo. Not only more reliable cameras, but they don’t go into the same old pattern of what card, reset etc as if there is no problem and this is just a glitch.

When the Action 2 arrives, there will be trouble for GP.

To release a camera at that price in that state is incredibly lack luster on their part.

i had a friend here a couple of days ago who wants an action cam for her daughter who is off on a big trek. She instantly talked of the GoPro. Can you imagine the trouble she’d have with the 9, being inexperienced with cameras? I had no qualms suggesting the Action. No firmware problems. Good colour. No freezes. OK sound from camera, quite good on external. At least she won’t spend as much for so much trouble!

imagine Sony, Canon or Fuji producing something like this? We wouldn’t accept it, but we all know of the brand ‘GoPro’ and seem to accept that this kind of thing in their cameras is normal.

It isn’t and someone in GoPro, needs to leave and they need to get a decent designer in. If there was a time constraint, then they shouldn’t have released it in the first place.

I certainly won’t be back.

Hiker

[ New ]
Its strange because @GoPro siting quiet and doing nothing with the problem. Of course they are changing cams for new ones, but with the same audio issues. I’m really pissed about that.
Hiker

[ New ]

I don’t think it’s acceptable at all.

I think the strategy is to build a brand and sell as many cameras as possible; even better with accessories to go with it.

Then, don’t worry about those who bought. Put out another to attract new customers and gain a new audience yearly.

The way to attract is to add new features but they don’t necessarily mean that the camera is any better.

So now I have a GP9, I might as well use the same strategy with a hammer on YouTube and gain viewers from it!!! The worst part is that I am seriously thinking about it!!!

I’ll title it, ‘GoPro 9 Finally a Perfect Fix’.

Quoting Casey .... ‘All I want is a perfect camera’ ...... ‘All I want is a working camera’. ; )

i don’t think many camera  makers could get away with this kind of nonsense for too long.

Tourist

[ New ]

I also bought a GP9 and also suffered from those audio pops. I first thought is was perhaps because of stick handling but later I found out that it wasn't. 

I made a short video clip about a couple of days of vacation and although you can hear those pops througout the whole clip, between 5:30 - 5:50 you can hear those pops and cracks very clear. And the GP9 was on a tripod so no handling sound this time.

https://youtu.be/bF8_qMcitHY 

I hope that Gopro will come with a firmware fix for this otherwise I will return the GP9. Those things cost serious money. 

Hiker

[ New ]

La release di novembre deve per forza correggere questo problema altirmenti gopro fa veramente una pessima figura perche non ha mai rilasciato alcuna dichiarazione a riguardo; per il problema del GPS si ma sui problemi dell'audio invede si sono sempre limitati a scrivere "passiamo la segnalazione al nostro team di sviluppo"; io sono un programmatore....se uno dei nostri clienti ha un problema corro per correggerlo, se i clienti sono migliaia...non dormo la notte per sistemarlo entro il giorno successivo.

Qui invece passano 1..2 mesi...e noi utilizzatori finali non siamo mai aggiornati sull'avanzamento di questi problemi, dobbiamo sperare che FORSE verranno presi in considerazione e sistemati.

La politica del firmware ogni 3 mesi è pesssima gopro, non si fa...si rilasciano aggirnamenti SUBITO appena si sistema un problema; se ci sono 10 problemi rilasci 10 Firmware non è possibile aspettare 3 mesi per poi scoprire che assieme a X correzioni sono stati introdotti anche Y bug ( come avviene spesso ).

Andrea

Nomad

[ New ]

Pretty sure its a hardware issue with the first batches. Im on my 3rd.. Im hoping one from the next batch is fixed. If not Im out. I will get my money back.

I havent been able to use any of them since launch as the audio is so bad.. Just gathering dust at the moment.

Tourist

[ New ]

It's a shame we are beta tester for Gopro :-(

Hiker

[ New ]

Siamo sempre tutti dei beta tester, per qualsiasi prodotto...e posso anche capirlo

ma in quanto beta-tester permettimi di iscrivermi come beta tester anche dei FW in fase di sviluppo, accetto volentieri di verificare personalmente di volta in volta se i problemi sono in fase di risoluzione o meno

Andrea