Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

[ New ]

I started this thread on ‎09-18-2020. It's been 5 months now. They are not going to fix this problem. That's because it's an hardware issue and they just can't take them all back. They trust you'll forget this when Hero 10 arrives. Not me.

I don't know about you but Hero 9 is the last Gopro I'll ever buy. I still have one but I've returned two and sold one. The last one I'll keep only because I was stupid enough and trusted they would fix this and spent too much for accessories. Gopro sucks big time.

Tourist

[ New ]
Everybody needs to constantly post this issue on their social media pages so more people will see it. I'm sure if everyone bombards their social media platforms then they will have to take action to disperse the negatively but so far I don't see many people doing this
Nomad

[ New ]

-It was for this gigantic post thread that i was able to inform and make the decision of returning my camera.

-I don't think it's necessarily a hardware thing, only, I'm getting an idea that even if it's "only a software problem" if they admit it officially would mean that almost every camera owner, as this issue is probably in all cameras in some degree, could claim their legitimate right for indefinite replacements.

That's why, apart from sharing info between us and making it visible, I don't think confronting publicly GoPro with this problem is going to solve anything, I suspect they are avoiding it at all cost for the fatal economical consequences.

Hiker

[ New ]

I think that GoPro are shooting themselves in the foot for the next model.

There are regular adverts coming up on Facebook for a cut price package. People complaining about poor delivery times and problems with the camera and/or customer service.

So they may well have had problems in the past, but the next camera might well be a sitting duck.

If they actually manage to fix the problem, then many will be so relieved and so to some extent, they will be helping themselves keep afloat. So I’m guessing that they must be keen to fix the issue or run into problems in order to keep going. 

The fact that they both say nothing and haven’t found a fix shows that this might well be a difficult one so GoPro will be limping into the next model if there is one.

My camera has sat in a cupboard since October. I don’t footage with pops and so moved on. An expensive mistake. When you make a mistake, you don’t do it again and GoPro will reap the rewards of this camera n the next issue.

I’d love to know how the designers and testers didn’t find the problems in the first place. Even the intitial design and testing seems flawed because no GoPro, since the 5 has emerged as a clean, working camera.

i recently got a Sony ZV-1 and a Canon M50. Imagine them coming out in this state. It wouldn’t happen.

Nomad

[ New ]
I've bought in the past photography products, exceptional in specs but very cheap price, that confirmed this pattern: functional but with a ridiculous defect that compromises the whole thing. For me it's clear, bad manufacturing don't pay off, and if it does is only through fooling customers.
Hiker

[ New ]

@ianc408 fatal blow is what it should be then - i'll share this thread far and wide as should others - youtube vids, forums, facebook you name it

play stupid games therefore win stupid prizes. As a company Gopro win my wooden spoon award which is a compliment really - there should be an award below that as a wooden spoon still implies you tried but not well; they don't even try to rectify anything and communicate with customers in a humane and diplomatic way. Our posts are like the camera "Hot potato" pass it onto the next person

the jokers working on this forum probably don't even own a camera let alone know what to do - HENCE they handball it to the call back service

RIP Gopro - always remember "PRICE IS ONLY AN ISSUE IN THE ABSENCE OF VALUE" and gopro you add "0" value to your products.

I won't have a minutes silence watching you sink, i won't shed a tear, i won't even loose a minutes sleep. You paved your own way 6' under and i just hope you stay there for the action camera market sake as its days are numbers - still happy with my 7 for now just waiting for a REAL company with ethics to step up and take the throne

Adventurer

[ New ]

$$$ first Customer last, 

Hiker

[ New ]

post bump for investors to find it easy. as a new investor though i'd share this forum with those backing the deaf leading the blind