Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: 3 faulty cameras and a refusal to refund...

[ New ]

Terrible. There are so many reports of poor customer service.

My GoPro is never used and I can’t return it now. It’s just not fit for purpose. Popping audio, audio adapter that might work by Christmas, it gets hot, it locks up, it turns itself on and off, the GoPro colour can be very strange, and to think, it costs over £400, unless you subscribe to their service.

I’m getting very frustrated by GoPro and I’m starting to think they won’t be around for a GoPro 10, unless all the income fro these dreadful cameras has helped to bolster them.

I will never buy a GoPro again and I’ve given up with them. 

Tourist

[ New ]

@foggycave16882 wrote:

I was pretty disappointed by this point already. However things have got worse. I have now had THREE cameras. Everyone they replace has the same issue. Last week I had finally had enough, with no confidence that they can provide me with a working Hero 9. I asked for a refund. Guess what? They refused. Because it was more than 50 days since my initial purchase even though I have had no useable camera in that time.

Same here, but the girl gave as reason not to refund me I now didn't have "a brand new camera" but "a replacement". The replacement was at that time 2 days old, had a later serial number and so on. 

I also noticed something odd on Belgian TV. Most of the official TV channels used GoPros for action shots in travel programmes, in car shots and shots where the actors had to film their own content. But now I saw for the first time they were using DJI Osmo Pockets. Maybe they also had issues with GoPro and their support?

I also tried to get help from GoPro over facebook's official GoPro page. Don't bother to try that, they just send you a link to the support page on their website. I'm going to read the fine print of my CC company to find out if they will refund me.

Hiker

[ New ]
Can I use that as a quote in my live stream next week please? I'm doing something on the GoPro.
Tourist

[ New ]
Of course! I think I'm going to do a video also. I have 3.5k Subs so it will help get these stories out there.
Hiker

[ New ]
Thank you!
Tourist

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

[ New ]

I did some testing.

The audio popping problem is caused by having Wind: AUTO & using the battery. If I set Wind to Off or On, it works fine. No popping.

Solutions:

- the problem only happens when using the BATTERY. If you use the USB-charging cable (NO BATTERY), there is no popping

- buy the media mod

It seems to be a hardware issue but only when using BATTERY + WIND: AUTO

Another possible solution:

- buy the battery charger & charge batteries only externally, not charging the GoPro battery when in the camera

Hiker

[ New ]

@zippyjump215 

nope, this might have applied to your particular unit, but thats not the overall issue.

I had pops in all modes, wind auto, on, off,  raw audio, any combination.

What i didnt try was recording while battery is out, but thats nonsense. Imagine buying a car with faulty engine and the advice you get from dealership is to remove the engine and push the car from behind.

Hiker

[ New ]

Those are more like desperate workarounds, not solutions. Only solution here is that Gopro fixes the firmware if doable or recalls the cameras if it's a hardware problem.

Fortunately I have a very long and good relationship with my local Gopro retailer. They promised me a longer return period so I can wait if next firmware update fixes the problem. I've owned four Hero 9s at this point, all with popping audio. I still got two and they are going back in case Gopro are not able to fix this. Let's hope so. And let's also hope DJI action 2 release is going to happen soon.