Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

[ New ]

Based on our experiences, replacement is useless. Return or wait for new firmware might help. Obviously, we do not know when will the firmware come. If audio pops is a hardware issue...... hopeless.

Tourist

[ New ]

I returned my GP9 and bought a Pocket 2. The image quality is awesome and the audio is very good. No cracks and pops.

So I will use the Pocket 2 for my hiking and use the older GP6 for the wet stuff like swimming, scuba diving etc.

I will think twice before buying an other Gopro again.

Tourist

[ New ]
I don't want to give up on gopro. I just want a workable camera for my money. Gopro is fine for me. Is there really such a large percentage of marriage in the latest version? Technical support answer - does it make sense to change to another gopro or take the money back?
Tourist

[ New ]

Dear GoPro Support, It's time to tell your users something about this problem. As I see it, there are two ways:

1) Officially recognize this as a marriage and review / replace such cameras

2) Officially admit this software problem and promise to fix it in the next firmware

The next firmware was already been announced, but not a word about this big problem. I'm afraid the clicking sound issue is a hardware issue. It is sad.

Hiker

[ New ]
Concordo al 100%
Hiker

[ New ]

They won't tell us. I've tried four Hero 9s now. Each one with same problems. I'm starting to feel ashamed to return them one by one to my local store. Last time I visited they said they won't order more Gopros to stock before all the problems are fixed.

Hiker

[ New ]

Well if it’s not fixed, I don’t think the 10 will do quite so well.

I had to make a review video of the Hero 9 for a local camera shop. They run my videos on a loop.

Honestly, it was embarrassing. During the making of the video, I had spots on 5k footage which they’ve now fixed. The camera locked goodness knows how many times while I made example footage. It turned itself off while I was videoing. It turned itself on in the bag multiple times. It made my face look like I was wearing makeup so I have no idea what is going on with the colour profile. The external audio didn’t work. The audio mod case scratched the GoPro. The internal audio popped and crackled. 

It was so bad, that the guy who owns the shop isn’t going to sell the 9. Especially after the nonsense with the 8. My GoPro was never used again. A plastic brick.

No one can use a camera that’s so unreliable so it’s not really fit for purpose.

If this nonsense continues, GoPro will be a thing of the past. How can any company continually sell such flawed products for a few years and continue? No fix ..... GoPro will be gone and out of business. And they have done it to themselves. Too complacent.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm still awaiting their response after sending my details serial number etc.  how long should I expect to wait.