Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

[ New ]

GoPro...attendiamo aggiornamenti sul problema !

Andrea

Hiker

[ New ]

Andrea. I’m afraid the answer will be, what card are you using? Try reloading the firmware direct. Reboot the camera after update. What were your setting? What was the temperature? What did you have for lunch?

oh it’s you, not the camera. ; )

This is the first time I have EVER bought a camera at this price with problems that make it unreliable.

Does anyone know of a camera company who put out cameras in this state and then tell everyone to wait for an update? The Osmo had initial problems, but the basic camera is sound. Updates fixed minor things and added nice features but it didn’t lock and pop!

since the Hero 5, it has got worse and even worse is that customers now seem to accept it as normal!

The fix will be the Hero 10. Then the 9 will be forgotten in its wake. Or a hammer will fix it! 😄

in the meantime, we just need little workarounds like .... use a separate recorder for audio, or buy a module. Shoot in flat and keep colour correcting. Just pull the battery out and put it back again. 

Never again. Mine is gone. I won’t return and wait for yet more fixes.

Hiker

[ New ]

@ianc408 io insisto sulla sistemazione dell'audio della Hero9 solo perche mi piacerebbe sapere almeno se è un problema risolvibile via software oppure se è legato all'HW...tuttavia il problema è talmente anomalo che lo attribuisco ad una complessa gestione del processore interno che va in crisi per una mancata ottimizzazione del software...per dire ho lo stesso problema quando utilizzo il RetroPie come emulatore su Raspberry e l'audio gracchia quando il processore non ce la fa ed è al 100%.

Per il resto, utilizzo una Hero8 per le riprese dove non posso permettermi di avere questi fastidiosi disturbi, per le riprese dove in postproduzione sostituisto l'audio la Hero9 va benissimo...mi dispiace solo tantissimo non aver la tranquillità psicologica che i programmatori GoPro lo stiano o meno affrontando come invece hanno fatto per il problema legato al GPS.

Ieri sono uscito con Hero8, Hero9 e GoPro Max; le foto della Hero9 anche se carenti con poca luce sono decisamente più definite di quella della Hero8 e quindi ho prevalentemente usato quella, ma la Hero8 come stabilità globale è decisamente ad oggi ad un altro livello e mi costringe a preferirla.

Andrea

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Andrea. Yes I agree that it has a sharp picture, but for the, the unreliability is a no go. I sometimes have to produce content for customers in a music business and for quick mobile shots, I would use a miniature canera like the GoPro.

Unfortunately, with its colour profile, locking and freezing and at the moment, no ability to put audio directly in (although I often have to record audio separately) it makes it too flaky to ise for anything serious.

The colour profile is sometimes a little strange. It might be to do with UK light, but it often looks unnatural and tries to ‘beautify’ my face. That means a lot of work in post which is silly, when most of the time, the Pocket will do those quick outdoor shots easily and be presentable with almost no post work. They’re also even sharper than the GoPro I think and the gimbal smoothness is terrific.

Tourist

[ New ]

I can't believe that I order a supposingly reputable action camera (my first) and it has this issue of popping sound.

It's very disappointing and unacceptable, especially as Gopro are not forthcoming with an answer>>>>>

I'm in Australia and I bought it directly from Gopro.  Do I wait or return it?  How do I do that?

Hiker

[ New ]

Whether to wait or send it back is difficult.

The camera is capable of stunning results but its flakiness is so annoying.

I’m done with mine because ever since the 4, we have had a repeat of the same thing over and over. The 6, 7, and even the 8 had issues with freezing or locking or whatever and now the 9.

The issues were never fully fixed but each year, the cameras were replaced by a new model with another set of features and problems. In that respect, the 9 is no different.

So with a 5,6,7,8,9 yearly investment, we’re talking about £1500+ I guess? Only to have a repeat of the same thing. It’s kind of like paying a yearly subscription for a camera that never seems to get fully sorted out.

For that  amount of money I could have bought a reasonable DSLR and forget about the portability and gizmos. The Osmo Action is half the price and twice as reliable. Mine has never crashed.

I think really, it’s a numbers game that keeps GoPro in motion. Just sell as many units as possible over a year, take the returns on the chin and start again next year.

Personally, I think the 9 should go back home and GoPro start again with a 9a instead of dribbling out half fixes over a year. Of course that won’t happen because what counts is how many units get sold over the year, and not how many satisfied customers there are. There’s always a new batch of customers and at the rate they’re going, retention of custom can’t be their priority.

Osmo Action. Close to the GoPro but more importantly, more reliable and cheaper. Just not as flashy.

Imagine Sony or Canon doing this kind of thing yearly. The kickback for them would be catastrophic. They would have trouble being around next year for a new camera if they had continuously put out cameras with problems for 3 years. (If we assume the first problem was the 6. The 5 had its foibles though as well.

I think they should be recalled bjt that  ain’t gonna happen!!

Hiker

[ New ]

No I can’t either.

i did answer, but probably because I was critical of GoPro as a company, it was promptly removed!

I feel that GoPro are playing a numbers game. Take the returns on the chin but sell as many units over a year as possible regardless of customer satisfaction.

Imagine Sony or Canon doing this. Would they still be going after 4 years of the same thing happening yearly?

Hiker

[ New ]

go for the return while you can or sell it locally  as local retailers sell it for more.

worst  electronic product release to date (bar the PS5 scalp bots) i've experienced and someone needs to rattle the cage. The lack of communication to users is aweful - last update 30th of october in the news column. - i've sold my 9 so a pesky fly on the wall now wanting to see justice served to end users.

they could make incremental updates...... why 1.22 to 1.5? why not a 1.3 (3.5mm fix) and then 1.4 (other fixes) ........... show us the love not a shotgun approach blast which will certainly introduce more issues we then have to wait another month to fix

as mentioned in another post they only care about investors...... they don't give a hoot about the customers who buy to pay the investors - without our purchases they have nothing

bye Gopro - here for the ride now and its such a mess