Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Hero 9 audio pops

I saw a Hero 9 review on Youtube. The reviewer had weird audio pops on left channel. Just wanted to write here that mine pops too. It has happened two times during first day. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. Until that Hero 9 cannot be trusted as there is no way to monitor the audio.
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

I had these as well. I exchanged the camera.

Highlighted
Hiker

Is the second camera ok and no click or pops in audio? It means it's not a firmware issue.

Highlighted
Nomad

Yes, seems to be OK with internal mics, but just so we dont miss the GoPro quality (Lack of it) now the Audio adapter will not work.. Probably a firmware issue.. But they are starting to wear me down. 

Im thinking or returning it for a Insta One R..

Highlighted
Hiker

Good to hear the second one works. I'm going to replace mine.

Thanks and good luck with your decision. They're both great cameras.

Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @tuquoque. Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help.

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Hiker

Now it starts to feel like a real Gopro :)

I reinstalled the latest firmware and it seems like it cured the audio problem.

I'll post back after I've tested it more. Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Great to know that, @tuquoque. We hope to hear back from you.