Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

[ New ]

pops again. Bye GoPro

Hiker

[ New ]

Someone from Gopro marked this thread solved. The resolution was Gopro's own reply including the usual advices to format the SD card etc. I think there is no way I can make it unsolved. Or is there? I think not. But if you go to accepted resolution, you'll see it's not solved. I can't make thread unsolved but I can change what the solution post is.

Hiker

[ New ]
So here we are again another firmware update and still the camera pops , at first I thought yeah it’s gone but the dreaded pop and crackle could be heard yet again ........ what an absolute joke of a company . So the only way I can use this camera and get audio that is acceptable is to use the media mod . Shocking service from gopop cameras !!
Tourist

[ New ]

What is the "Media Mod" ? 

Nomad

[ New ]

Yep, the Media Mod is the only way, or the adapter, I have both and they both fix the audio issue. 

Disgusting conduct by GoPro..

Tourist

[ New ]

@boldridge4531 wrote:

Yep, the Media Mod is the only way, or the adapter, I have both and they both fix the audio issue. 

Did you test the adapter in very cold conditions? I still had pops, but enviromental temp. was like -7° C. I don't have the media mod as it only can be used on the 9, I also have the 8.

Tourist

[ New ]

@boldridge4531 wrote:

I'm returning my hero 9 to Argos later on today in exchange for another one. The media mod did not cure the popping when I last tried it but I also now have a Rode video micro mic so I'll try that out with the new camera. Pretty poor having to spend almost a further £110 just to try and get the thing to not pop or crackle. When I collect the new one I will do the firmware update and try it with and without the media mod and Rode video mic.We shouldn't have to go to this extreme for decent audio on what is quite an expensive camera

Adventurer

[ New ]

Lets not forget who sold you on these  , your Favorite Youtubers

Hero 10 will repeat   all over again, so be suckered by the staff and  people good Luck