Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 WiFi connection issues

[ New ]

My hero 9 won’t connect to WiFi so I can’t  enable preview and view recorded media. So frustrating! Can anyone’s suggest a fix? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 WiFi connection issues

[ New ]

Hello, @cotstermoto. Which phone are you using and which OS is it on? Do you have the latest version of the Quik app installed? 

Try manually connecting to the camera's Wi-Fi network from your phone’s Wi-Fi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera. If applicable, change the Wi-Fi Band on your camera to 2.4GHz.

View solution in original post

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes tried these things first as a matter of course, thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @cotstermoto

What phone are you using? Do you have the app on version 8.5?

Did you get the same error message after changing the Wi-Fi Band?

To help isolate the issue, try pairing the camera with another phone/device.

Let us know how it goes.

You may also check GoPro Quik: Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Glad to hear it's up and working now! @cotstermoto, thanks for posting back with an update. Let us know if anything else comes up.

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @cotstermoto. Which phone are you using and which OS is it on? Do you have the latest version of the Quik app installed? 

Try manually connecting to the camera's Wi-Fi network from your phone’s Wi-Fi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera. If applicable, change the Wi-Fi Band on your camera to 2.4GHz.

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes tried these things first as a matter of course, thanks
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @cotstermoto

What phone are you using? Do you have the app on version 8.5?

Did you get the same error message after changing the Wi-Fi Band?

To help isolate the issue, try pairing the camera with another phone/device.

Let us know how it goes.

You may also check GoPro Quik: Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Believe it or not it was because my phone did not have the latest iOS software! My phone is now running iOS 14.6 And has no connection issues with the go pro at all. Thanks for the advice too, appreciate it.
GoPro

[ New ]

Glad to hear it's up and working now! @cotstermoto, thanks for posting back with an update. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Hiker

[ New ]

Just got my Hero 9 Black.....and cannot connect.

I have iPhone XR with iOS 14.6, Camera OS with 1.52, Quik Gopro App at 8.5.

....it cannot see the Wifi SSID broadcast although the "connections" are "on".

Tried to see the Wifi SSID on two laptops (one Windows, the other Mac), a desktop (Windows), and on two other iphones (another XR and a 12).....nothing.

Waiting for a 48 hour to 72 hour turn around time for developer review and callback.

Any ideas?

...Other than using it as a $500 paper weight?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kevineprice

We have recently released an update for the GoPro Quik app.

Once the update is completed, make sure to restart your phone before pairing the camera.

Let us know how it goes with the new version.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello!

Wow....is this timing off!

I had ran into troubles in not seeing the broadcasted SSID with the following--

Camera OS:  01.52...via manual update

iPhone 12: 8.5 Quik....also tested on three other phones.  Could not test the 8.6 as it was not available, wish I had known and/or had some more expeditious response from support, as it may have resolved what I am experiencing and I would not have returned it yesterday for a replacement.

3 Windows Laptops and 1 Mac...In an attempt to try and see a broadcasted SSID from the camera, which did not work

Support went silent on me for too long.....so I created another interaction with support via Chat.

The result of that interaction was to return my device for a new one...which I did as fast as I can as I hope to use this on a family vacation beginning on June 21st.

I will update my iPhone Quik App to v8.6 today earliest estimate to get a replacement camera back is June 18th.....a pity given this horrible out-of-the-box experience thus far with Hero9 Black versus the outstanding history of experience I have had with GoPro and my oldie, but trusty, Hero3 Silver.  No telling if this update would have fixed my issue given the lack of detail in the version history on the Appstore:  "More bug fixes and performance enhancements are here, so you can get out and get creating".

So...regretfully, I post a  warning to anyone looking to move to the new hardware:

1) Don't simply expect it to work as other hardware and software versions have worked in the past.

2) Don't expect an expedited support resolution as you have in the past.

Given my history with GoPro hardware and interactions, I do expect to get this resolved.

The wait though....quite painful to go through such a long ordeal that potentially isn't necessary.

Back to my waiting game.