Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 Webcam Software Freezes

[ New ]

I've performed the following:

1. Updated firmware

2. Purchased new USB 3.1 Cables

3. Removed Battery and Memory Card

4. Reinstalled GoPro Web App software

5. Rebooted

6. Reset the camera to factory defaults

Windows 10. The pattern is this. The laptop will recognize the Camera as plugged in and when I click preview will work without issue UNTIL the Preview is no longer the active window. At that time the software locks. I close out the Preview window and unplug the camera and plug it back in and power it on after I hit preview it will work for a few seconds then the preview goes away and the WebApp will lose the blue dot but the Camera still says WebCam mode. 

I've tried this on two different laptops and two different cameras. The common theme is the software or firmware. Please assist in resolving this. 

GoPro

Re: Hero 9 Webcam Software Freezes

[ New ]

Hi @alertrange44524

Thank you for the details provided.

Can you please check the version number of the Webcam app?

If you haven't yet, check out GoPro Webcam FAQ and Troubleshooting 

Do you have the option to change the graphics device?

Right-click on the webcam app icon then select Preferences.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I am on webcam app version 1.0.0.638.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, I've checked the graphics card option. I've used them both, I should have put that in the first comment. However, I have not done it and made it fail then switch and do the other one. I have had the fail on both cards. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for getting back to us. @alertrange44524

Does the same happen when launching the app through another user account on your computer?

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Tourist

[ New ]

I've used two different accounts when using two different laptops. Both situations point to software being an issue....

Tourist

[ New ]

I just received the gopro email to accept a resolution. Unfortunately, I've not gotten the "supported" memory card yet. The support personnel explained to me that a "factory reset" only resets the settings to factory default and does not revert the firmware back to the version that was installed on the camera at the factory. 

The next steps in this issue is to re-install the firmware update from a GoPro support memory card. Here is to hoping...