Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Betreff: Hero 9 Screen responsiveness?

[ New ]
Yes - exactly the problem. Must be some kind of grounding issue - putting hand around camera body works fine, not touching it, doesn't register touches. Yes I am on latest firmware, and this is a black and white issue that I can replicate every time. Wonder if I need to send my Hero 9 back - although I can't get hold of support as they have a bug on their contact us form
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @malhoward

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.
You may also try a different browser or go on incognito mode.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Yeah, tried all that. Eventually managed to log a request but no callback and it’s been over a week do not happy or very hopeful to be honest.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @malhoward

Sorry for any trouble caused.

We have tagged the team handling your case.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi, I recently bought a GoPro hero 9 and I have the screen responsiveness issue even if I'm at 1.22 version of firmware.. What should I do?  Give it back and ask for another?

Hiker

[ New ]

It's a known problem. I returned mine (within 30 days) and they issued a full refund. I'm wiating for a new build to fix the problem. The updated firmware did not fix the problem. The general opinion is that it's a hardware problem. Some people don't mind fiddling with it unitl it works and thats fine.

Hiker

[ New ]
I’ve only used mine on v1.22 firmware- so can’t comment on what it was like originally.
I can say the screen was acceptable, but is now terrible.
It’s worse with the media mod on.
Better when hot than cold, better with moist fingers than normal fingers.
Better if I press hard (like an old fashioned resistive touch screen device from 2005)
Hiker

[ New ]
Any Possibility this gets addressed with the Firmware update later this week or is that ONLY going to address the Smart remote?