Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Betreff: Hero 9 Screen responsiveness?

[ New ]

Well... you learn to live with the issue, like an amputee will learn to live without some limbs. But if they are unable to fix the issue, I can guarantee that this will remain the only GoPro I will ever buy, and I will tell everyone to stay away and buy from a different manufacturer.

Tourist

Re: Hero 9 Screen responsiveness?

[ New ]

@tuquoque wrote:
Hero 9 needs a firm touch. I'm not sure if it's worse than Hero 8 but it could be better.

I have both a Hero8 and Hero9. Hero9 is definitely less responsive than Hero8. It is less responsive in general, but especially less responsive at the edges of the screen. 

Nomad

Re: Betreff: Hero 9 Screen responsiveness?

[ New ]

It still looks like a hardware problem to me. The screen works fine if you hold the camera with the other hand. I guess after a firmware update most people think it's been fixed because they test it while holding the camera. Then they start shooting in a real scenario where the camera is mounted on some support and "oh, it's broken again", but the "it's fixed now" comments have already taken over the forums

Hiker

[ New ]

bonsoir,

j'ai ma Héro9 depuis 15 jours environ, la mise a jour a été faite avec l'appli mais le probléme de reactivité demeure.

juste avant la H9, j'ai eu quelques jour la Héro8 et la reactivité de la 8 etait très largement meilleur.

j'espère que l'équipe GoPro trouvera une solution à ce problème.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi! My experience with GP9 touch screen is also very bad, but it is better when holding the unit with one hand and touch with the fingers in the other hand.  Check out my experience and my fix here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lIXrEviWpc

The GoPro Hero9 have serious issues with it's touchscreen response.Here is my experience and fix.
Hiker

[ New ]

@helberggofish 

Je viens de faire l'essai et effectivement la réactivité de l'ecran arrière et meilleur.

ayant une coque  silicone en maintenant la GP par les pates support dessous la Héro9 cela améliore la reactivité.

Merci de votre retour

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. If you are still observing the touch screen sensitivity issue even after updating your camera firmware to the latest (v1.22), it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Agreed, OK if holding the unit with one hand.  

Pretty appalling if not directly holding the GP9, but using a mount etc..