Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 9 Screen Not Working buttons not working

[ New ]

I am so angry. The hero 9 has stopped working completely. It turns on but then the screen does not show anything and the buttons are unresponsive. Nothing works. I have tried every trick in the book with resets, batteries, SD cards hard stops. Along side not hearing from anyone in Support from Go Pro. I have a $700 waste of space. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 Screen Not Working buttons not working

[ New ]

@kiwi-fam, in addition, with the camera powered off, be sure to use the Mode button on the side to power on your GoPro. QuikCapture might be enabled and using the Shutter button to turn on your GoPro will have the camera automatically start the recording.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

RE: Hero 9 Screen Not Working buttons not working

[ New ]
I think you should exchange your device.
I was just like you and GoPro Inc. decided to exchange it after receiving 1:1 consultation.
It will be helpful for you to film and prepare a video of the touchscreen and the power button not working.
It would be a good idea to prepare the serial number and receipt marked on the battery slot.
I hope the problem will be solved soon.
Tourist

[ New ]

I have a brand new Hero 9 and whenever I press the Mode button nothing ever happens. I have tried switching out batteries, I have tried clicking other buttons, or touching the screen and nothing. Not sure what I am doing wrong here

Hiker

[ New ]

Just a thought, you do have to press and hold the side mode button for three seconds to turn the camera on (and then off again) rather than just clicking it.

GoPro

[ New ]

@kiwi-fam, in addition, with the camera powered off, be sure to use the Mode button on the side to power on your GoPro. QuikCapture might be enabled and using the Shutter button to turn on your GoPro will have the camera automatically start the recording.