Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 9 - SD card Error. ALL FILES LOST

[ New ]

Yeserday, my camera Gopro Hero 9 with media mod and max lens mod became inresponcive while it was ON.

I removed the battery as there was no other way to turn it off. 

When i went home and connected it on the power and turned it on so it would upload the files to SUBSCRIBE i received an SD Card error

Today i came home and incerted the card on my PC oly to find that the folder that usualy contains the files is empty 

PLEASE HELP 

Three days worth of footage is gone 

Tourist

Re: Hero 9 - SD card Error. ALL FILES LOST

[ New ]

Yep just happened to me this morning and was using a 128 Gb V3 recommended top of the line SanDisk. Using the Mod lens MAX on the Hero 9 I was shooting in Time warp with HL and it recorded the entire 30 minute stroll and then I got to the end pressed stopped which it did and then went into my phone and it showed a video in the media and when I clicked said, "cannot upload at this time..." and so then tried a couple more times and then went on camera directly when it screamed a louder than normal beep multiple times with SD card ERROR. Went home and put in PC and it showed folder and file structure with G(filename) and then had no meta data and said file was corrupt. Put another 128 Gb card in and it did same thing. Never had it in camera before. Now a 64Gb card is in there and it is fine but have not recorded yet. I will do same stroll for sunrise tomorrow on the 64 Gb card and see if there is success.

Other issues:

Freezes requiring battery removal

Turns off on its own. I confirm recording and then when done with skydive it is off and never recorded

I have a session 5, hero 6, hero 7, hero 8, Fusion and MAX and never had these issues

Hiker

[ New ]

UPDATE 

After spending 100 euros on recover and repair software i cannot get my videos back

I feel like smashing the worthless camera to the ground 

I AM SUPER ANGRY WITH GOPRO

What can you do with an unreliable camera?

Nomad

[ New ]

What SD card were you using?

Hiker

[ New ]
SanDisk Extreme Pro
64gb u3 A2
20210106_183430.jpg
Nomad

[ New ]

Did you format the card in the camera before using it?  Did you run any type of file structure check on the card to check to see if your SD card is faulty?

Usually your GoPro will create files, if there is an issue with the camera the file may not be closed properly.  In this case you may see a partial or unsable file.  The GoPro does not "format" your card automatically so the files should still be there.  You should not have lost "all files" unless the card itself was faulty.

When you connected your card to "power", did you in fact plug the camera into your PC via USB?

Hiker

[ New ]

I always format the card in the camera and i did a few times with the specific SD. 

I used a GoPro Quik Key USB-C to access the card from a PC and everything looked correct appart from the files in the media folder.

At the end of the the day i managed to retrieve a lot of files using specialized software but this beats the purpose of the camera

There is still in major reliability question mark in my head and i am actually thinking of selling my gopro and go with something else.

I love the camera and the mods but... i am not sure i can rely on it

Tourist

[ New ]

Hoy al llegar a casa sólo tenía unos pocos vídeos y fotos de todas las sacadas hoy y los días anteriores.

La cámara tiene tres días. No ha llevado golpes. La tarjeta SD venía con la cámara (comprada en la página GoPro). El mensaje que aparece en la cámara es "sin contenidos - la sd puede contener datos" y no hay forma de ver nada!

Súper decepcionada