Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 - Red light on and camera won't turn on at all

[ New ]

Hi,

I purchased a Hero 9 around 3 weeks ago. Tested at home before going away - charged fine, worked well and linked with app on phone. Took it away on holiday - worked well for 2 days, but then stopped working after I charged it. Now, the red lights stays on continuously when the battery is in and im not able to turn it on at all (tried different battery, removing SD card etc but no luck). Any advice please? Do I just need to get a replacement?

Thanks

Annabel

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Hero 9 - Red light on and camera won't turn on at all

[ New ]

That indeed is very odd behaviour from your camera.

Make sure that you are charging the camera only using an approved charger (5V 2A), do not use your PC to charge or a USB hub charger.

Try the following, with the battery in your camera, hold down the mode button (located on the side of the camera) for 10 seconds.  This will initiate a factory reset to the last known good firmware image.

If this does not help, remove the SD card and try the above again.

If that does not work, contact GoPro support directly by using the "Contact Us" option located at the bottom of this page.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

That indeed is very odd behaviour from your camera.

Make sure that you are charging the camera only using an approved charger (5V 2A), do not use your PC to charge or a USB hub charger.

Try the following, with the battery in your camera, hold down the mode button (located on the side of the camera) for 10 seconds.  This will initiate a factory reset to the last known good firmware image.

If this does not help, remove the SD card and try the above again.

If that does not work, contact GoPro support directly by using the "Contact Us" option located at the bottom of this page.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for your reply & tips - I have tried the above and no luck. 

I will contact GoPro - Thanks!