Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 Lens Mod is a Quality Control issue

[ New ]

Lens Mod: There is obviously a quality control issue here that GoPro is not yet owning as they should. The poor/inconsistent quality of the Lens Mod, could result in damage to the Hero 9, if you try to force it on. GoPro should be telling people NOT to force on the Lens Mod! And, since they have neglected to warn people of the potential damage, they should not only replace the Lens Mod but the Hero 9 too if damaged! This should be a scandal by now

IMG_9208.jpgIMG_9209.jpgIMG_9210.jpgIMG_9212.jpg

1. Extreme effort installing a lens = Quality Control Issue
2. Installing defective lens = Potential Risk

Listening GoPro?
Backpacker

Re: Hero 9 Lens Mod is a Quality Control issue

[ New ]

what damage can it cause?

PS I've got the lens mod, I've forced it so it lined up properly. I've also since swapped between both the Max lens & factory lens many times with no issues

Tourist

Re: Hero 9 Lens Mod is a Quality Control issue

[ New ]

UPDATE: 2/23/21: Just a short note to inform any who have seen my original post on the troublesome Lens Mod, that GoPro has resolved my issue. They had me send back my Hero 9 and Lens Mod, and they matched a new Hero 9 and Lens Mod so they work well together and sent me back the matched pair. It did take a long time. Probably close to a full month of waiting and a couple chat sessions to stay on their case. But they DID IT!! THANK YOU GOPRO!! Smiley Very Happy