Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 9 / Horizon Leveling / Hypersmooth / File Transfer issues

[ New ]

I have the following problems with my GoPro Hero 9 Black

Here is an video with the problems listed below: https://gopro.com/v/XlmGOPzv2wgJr

The video is recorded with Hypersmooth 3.0 Boost and horizon level settings on at 1080p/24fps

• The image stabilization does not work.
    I recorded the video while running. I cannot tell a difference between when the stabilization is turned on or off.
  • Horizon level does not work. This can be seen at minute 45 where the horizon is tilted.
    When I turn on horizon level in the GoPro app, it corrects the issue.
    Why does it not work from the settings in the camera.
  • The GPS stickers can only be applied in the GoPro mobile app. In my case using iOS. Once I have applied a GPS sticker to the video, how can I transfer the large file to the desktop for further editing?
    The options are to save the file to the photos library or share to social media. Neither of these options move the file to a desktop computer.
  • Also the GoPro mobile app will only accept files from the camera or the GoPro Plus cloud. If I transfer the files directly from the camera, there is a problem with applying some GPS stickers like the map. Because the video is saved with different files, only a segment of the map is applied to each file that represents only a fraction of the whole video.
    How can I stich all the files together in 1 video in the GoPro mobile app to avoid this issue?
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 / Horizon Leveling / Hypersmooth / File Transfer issues

[ New ]

Hello, @ledario. A new firmware version for HERO9 Black has been released last week. See if the issues are still observed after the update. If you haven't yet, we recommend doing a manual update following the steps under Manual Update here: HERO9 Black - Software Update Instructions. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Nomad

[ New ]

Is it possible to give a helpful answer besides this standard answer? A manual update with a factory reset could help with the first two points. To get a video from the GoProAPP to the PC, it must be exported in the APP, then the video can be saved on the PC. ATTENTION it loses all GPS metadata after processing with the APP!

But if you want to edit the videos on the PC anyway, forget the APP! For GPS it is better to use a third provider program (e.g. Racerender) and combine the video snippets in an editing program ...

Hiker

[ New ]

Horizon leveling does not work as advertised. GoPro support had advised me to get the Max Lens Mod to resolve this. I have acquired the new lens for this purpose however the Horizon level still fails during long recording.

In the following video, the horizon can be observed to tilt between minute 28:40 and 32:21.

https://gopro.com/v/gvqQl654lvLq0