Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 - Export files to windows 10

[ New ]

Hello, I received the camera and when I connect it to the computer, windows doesn't recognize it.

Is there any trick to export files to windows?

Regards

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Hero 9 - Export files to windows 10

[ New ]

So when "Quik" was created, the GoPro Hero 8 and GoPro Hero 9 camera weren't even built.  So they are not compatible with this old software.

Quik has since been discontinued so there will be no updates to make Quik compatible with the Hero 8 and Hero 9.

If you want to copy or transfer files, using an SD card reader is the fastest way to do so.  It's actually about 50% faster than a direct cable connection in some cases.

If you are using a GoPro Hero 8 or 9 with the latest firmware, be aware that the USB Connections in preferences are set to GoPro Connect which is for webcam use.  For use with windows to transfer files, this needs to be changed to MTP (media transfer protocol).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

I have the same problem. GoPro Hero 9 black is plugged into Windows 10 PC and the rear camera screen says it's connected to USB, but no option pops up to import files. GoPro Quick doesn't open up automatically like it does with the Hero 7 black. I opened GoPro Quick and there's nowhere I can click to transfer the files from camera to PC. I also don't see it listed in the directory to be able to import videos manually. Looks like the only option is to take the card out and download files via mini SD card reader.

Tourist

[ New ]
Exactly the same... This hero 9 is my first action camera and I'm not really liking the fact that I have to buy an SD adapter lol
Nomad

[ New ]

So when "Quik" was created, the GoPro Hero 8 and GoPro Hero 9 camera weren't even built.  So they are not compatible with this old software.

Quik has since been discontinued so there will be no updates to make Quik compatible with the Hero 8 and Hero 9.

If you want to copy or transfer files, using an SD card reader is the fastest way to do so.  It's actually about 50% faster than a direct cable connection in some cases.

If you are using a GoPro Hero 8 or 9 with the latest firmware, be aware that the USB Connections in preferences are set to GoPro Connect which is for webcam use.  For use with windows to transfer files, this needs to be changed to MTP (media transfer protocol).

Sightseer

[ New ]

This worked for me. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]
▶︎GoPro HERO9 Black - https://irixguy.com/gopro▶︎My Amazon Store - https://irixguy.com/amazonThis is how to download GoPro HERO9 Black videos to a computer u...
Sightseer

[ New ]

thanks, it does worked

Sightseer

[ New ]

Great advice, worked for me as well!

Thanks mate