Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Hero 9 Date & Time defaults to 1/1/2016

It appears that the old date and time bug from the last camera is rearing its ugly head in the Hero 9. I have three Hero 9 cameras, and this happens on one of them. I set the date / time and then power off. The battery is fully charged. When I try to turn it on, SOMETIMES it is frozen and won't turn on. I hold the power button for about 30 seconds, then it beeps and comes to life... BUT.... then it has the wrong date and time. Keeps showing Jan. 1, 2016. This makes it extremely difficult in my editing process. GoPro.... can you fix this with a firmware update? I REALLY DO NOT want to RMA my brand new camera only to wait months for a replacement. Other than this issue, I LOVE the Hero 9. Oh... and I REALLY need that new remote control too. Is there an ETA for that? 

gopro .jpg

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 Date & Time defaults to 1/1/2016

Hello, @tj311. How much time passes between powering the camera off and using the camera again? Does the camera get to a point when its battery is drained or is without a battery in? 

Highlighted
Nomad

It's a few hours of passed time. No, the battery isn't drained. It's still full. I try pulling the battery out, and back in but it still won't turn on. So then I told the power button down until it resets. Then once it's on, that's when the time and date are wrong. Still plenty of charge in the battery. Doesn't happen every time. Random.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Yup, happening on my 8 still, just realized this has been happening for some time...