Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 Crappy Videos and Photos

[ New ]

I recently purchased a GoPro Hero 9 and am very disappointed because it makes lower quality images and photos than my old Hero 4.

The images and videos are like they have 720p resolution.

I've tried almost every setting but nothing seems to help (even hypersmooth off). I did not try any wider than Linear because I think I should get full 4K atleast at Linear setting.

I have the latest firmware 01.22.00

What is going on here?

I think I'm going to have to return this camera and maybe even make a Youtube video on why this thing sucks.

vlcsnap-2020-10-21-17h53m49s011.png
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 Crappy Videos and Photos

[ New ]

Hi @snowyhero2268

It will be best if you can share some sample files with our Support Team.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]
I don’t know if this will help but format your SD card. I pulled my card out of my Hero 8 and never reformatted and was having the same issue.
Tourist

[ New ]

Just tried Formatting the SD card and Factory resetting the GoPro, but nothing helped.

GoPro

[ New ]

@snowyhero2268, were you able to get in touch with our Support Team? Is there a Support case number that we can check?

Tourist

[ New ]

No I was not able to get in touch. Can you help?

GoPro

[ New ]

@snowyhero2268, if the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to look further into options on how to resolve the problem with your GoPro. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that your browser isn't blocking cookies and the pop-up blocker should be disabled. If you run across issues, there are some suggestions provided by a Hub member in this thread that might help.

Tourist

[ New ]

I returned the camera. But if you want any of the footage let me know.