Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 Black will not charge battery past 77-81%

[ New ]

Hello,

I purchased a Hero 9 Black a few weeks ago.  I updated it when I got it.  I have 2 batteries, neither of which will charge past 77 to 81% when charging in the camera.  I have tried several different USB adapters and cables to no avail.  I watched a video online on doing a reset while charging, pulling the battery, etc and none have worked.  Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Nomad

Re: Hero 9 Black will not charge battery past 77-81%

[ New ]

Sure, just run your camera as normal, discharge the batteries completely and charge again.  Do this a couple of times and eventually the batteries will balance properly.

Make sure you're using a proper 5V 2A charger, not a USB hub or USB port on your PC as they may be too low powered to provide a proper charge.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the response!  I will give this a try.  In the meantime, it seems unusual that this would be needed for a new product, right?

Hiker

[ New ]

irishmanpdx has been throwing shade on all the complaint post here on gopro. ignore his feedback and return the garbage camera.

Nomad

[ New ]
Sorry you feel the need to attack people on a public forum like an idiot. Says more about you than me. I try to give advice and feedback to help people with their issues, what do you contribute?
Hiker

[ New ]

You always have so much to say that isn't constructive. All you do is pump up Gopro and are actually disrespectful of people's experiences with some of their faulty cameras.

Nomad

[ New ]
I'm not some snowflake that gift wraps up respect and gives it away, I give it to those that earn it. The amount of thanks, high fives and resolved issues I have go to show how much people appreciate the help. Has anyone ever thanked you for your input?
Hiker

[ New ]

Oh we have a tough guy here, just used the word snowflake in a sentence. Maybe a bit of self reflection might lead you to learn that not everybody wants your input on every issue here. Your perception is often misguided and causes more harm than good. Mind your own business sometimes.You are annoying.

Spoiler
I just gave you a high five too! LOL