Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 Black's back screen does not turn on

[ New ]

Hi guys;

After latest update, my Hero 9 Black's back screen doesn't work and turn on. I did manual update many times but still same. Front camera is working but back camera. 

What's your suggestions? I can control my device via apps but I can't reset device by using apps. I think it's only be done by touch screen on back screen. On applications, you can only have reset SD card option not factory reset.

And I have been living in Senegal so it's really complicated to  sending back to camera to states. 

I'm so dissappointed and waiting for your help:(

Thank you in advance 

Esma 

GoPro

Re: Hero 9 Black's back screen does not turn on

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @esmasultan. If the camera's rear screen still does not show any display despite you having done a manual update, it would be best to engage our Support team. They will help you with the next steps. 

To proceed, please submit a contact request through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

If chat does not work, you may submit a callback request. If you get the Captcha error or any error, try using a different device (computer or mobile phone). Clear cache on your browser, use a different browser or an incognito browser. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Wtf GoPro , brand new camera out, of the box, worked, connected to app, asked for firmware update, back screen turned blank and can't start it :(

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same issue!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Just RMA it, it's briked, if otherwise works.

GoPro

[ New ]

@coolapex860, please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

[ New ]

Actually I reached support team and they helped me lot but the problem is I'm living in Dakar, Senegal. 

They asked me to send gopro back to States but from Senegal, I need to cover shipping fee (which is Approximately 200 USD).

That's why I'm hopeless and think that maybe with new update, the problem will be fixed:(

Sightseer

[ New ]

You can ask them for the link to the original firmware, and can be updated via SD card as there is a manual procedure, but i've tried it with no luck. Most likely hardware failure.

Tourist

[ New ]

I did manuel update via website but yes the previous or orginal update probably can solve my problem. Thank you so much for the idea.

But many GoPro users suffer from same problem. It's not normal and not professional at all.

Tourist

[ New ]

Gotten exactly the same problem!

Hiker

[ New ]

I have  same  problem.

Waiting for support.  Now it is just abrick

Hiker

[ New ]

No call back from support.

I asked  for  return as I only bought  a month ago. No return aloud.

I am in Australia and thought I was buying  through AU site. No Though US and  Delivered  from Singapore.

Under Australian consumer law non return for faulty is not allowed

I will contact  my credit card and ask for action 

Hiker

[ New ]

Ask my credit company for  refund  as Gopro will not return after 40 days