Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 Black front camera not showing

[ New ]

Hello,

I bought my camera couple weeks ago, tested it and everything was working. Packed it back up since I didnt need it at that time, now im on my trip and brought camera with me, did the update via app and now the front screen is not working. It is responding, black backlight is on when i turn the front screen in the settings and it goes off when i pick Screen off option.

Already tried manual updates with offical version and Labs version and did the factory reset for quite a few times already.

Can someone help?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 Black front camera not showing

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you provided, @tonid740. Since the issue remains, let our Support team know so they can help with further troubleshooting. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

[ New ]

Check your display settings by swiping down on the rear screen.  You should see 5 or 6 icons on the screen.  On the bottom, 2nd from the left are the screen options.  Make sure that the front screen has not been disabled. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Like I mentioned in the post, I tried every option and when three options are on the front screen is "working", it has backlight but nothing else and when I press on "Screen off" then the backlight of front screen goes off. The front screen is "working" but not showing anything.

GoPro

[ New ]

@tonid740, just to check, could you please share with us a photo showing the camera's front screen and lens?

Tourist

[ New ]

Camera turned on, in settings front "Screen Off"

20210305_101325.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Camera turned on, in settings front on any other option then "Screen Off"

20210305_101340.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Same thing, different POV on camera

20210305_101434.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you provided, @tonid740. Since the issue remains, let our Support team know so they can help with further troubleshooting. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey!

Chat is not working for couple of days now, neither on OSX or Win with multiple browsers. Trying also to get callback - still nothing.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @tonid740

We see your callback request logged in the queue.

Support will be reaching out to you soon.

Please keep your lines open and make sure that there are no settings on your phone that would prevent it from receiving calls especially from unknown or toll-free numbers.

Thanks!

Ej