Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 Black Update Failed

[ New ]

I have tried updating through the GoPro app but the installation fails and I get an "update failed" message.  I've tried reformatting the micro sd card and uploading the Update file manually to the card and inserting it in the GoPro and I still get an "update failed" message.  I've tried changing the wifi band to 2.4ghz like the others have said but still no luck.  My only other thought would be to delete and reinstall the GoPro app but I really don't want the data from my app deleted.

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Hero 9 Black Update Failed

[ New ]

You need to perform a manual update of your GoPro firmware if the update via the app is not working.

Please follow the instructions found in this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kVTYclGorU

If you keep getting "Update failed" messages after following the clear instructions, it could be the fault of your SD card. Some cards have issues with the update.  Try using a different SD card.

View solution in original post

In this video I show you how to manually update the firmware on your GoPro. This video was made using the GoPro Hero 8 however the exact same procedure appl...

All Replies
Backpacker

Re: Hero 9 Black Update Failed

[ New ]

You need to perform a manual update of your GoPro firmware if the update via the app is not working.

Please follow the instructions found in this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kVTYclGorU

If you keep getting "Update failed" messages after following the clear instructions, it could be the fault of your SD card. Some cards have issues with the update.  Try using a different SD card.

In this video I show you how to manually update the firmware on your GoPro. This video was made using the GoPro Hero 8 however the exact same procedure appl...