Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 Black SD card issues

[ New ]

I have a new Hero 9 Black (less than a month old) who no longer takes SD cards. I have tried four different cards, including a brand new on. No issues before. Main card used before was SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB V30 A2.

Very dissapointing the least, as it stopped working during a shoot. The message that comes up:

SD CARD ERROR formatting your card is the only way to fix it.

I have tried:

1. Formatting the card in camera (this goes on indefinetly).
2. Tried several difference sd cards, including cards that I have formatted on my MacBook Pro and new cards.
3. Factory reset of camera.

4. Tried with different batteries. *all GoPro originials

5. Tried with power cable in 

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 11.20.04 am.png
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 Black SD card issues

[ New ]

Hello @hardypeak10661. There are some troubleshooting suggestions here NO SD or SD ERR on Camera's LCD that will help.

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same issue and I can't send anything through the contact us link. If I choose "Start call" I get told there is a Three Hour wait. If I choose "Call Back" I get told it was an invalid Captcha. There was no Captcha.

GoPro

[ New ]

@simont2244, our team is currently working through a volume of contacts so our response time may be slightly longer than usual.

When contacting our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, if you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser to see if it makes a difference. Also, please manually enter the details on the form; do not copy-paste the info.

Once on the page, fill out the form and you will be given an option to initiate a chat conversation or to request a callback. Be sure to put in your best contact number on the form.

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that your browser isn't blocking cookies and the pop-up blocker should be disabled. If you run across issues, there are some suggestions provided by a Hub member in this thread that might help.