Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 Black Not Formatting SD

[ New ]

I have a BRAND NEW GoPro HERO 9 Black that i just got 2 days ago.  I also have a BRAND NEW SD card I just got this morning out of the package.  It is a Lexar 512-GB 633x Micro SDXC UHS-I, model # LSDM512BBNL633A, and it is currently on the list of approved SD cards for my Hero 9 camera (here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308).  Before I did anything I put the brand new SD card into my Hero 9 camera and tried to format it.  An hour later it was still trying to format and my battery was running low.  I have tried everything, including googling a potnetial fix.  Nothing.  I've wasted $60 on an SD card that I can't get to work!  Has ANYBODY had this issue with the Lexar 512-GB SD card and gotten it to work somehow?  I'd hate to think I wasted all this money when I purchased the SD card because it was listed on GoPro's Forums under approved cards for my specific Hero 9 model...  Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 Black Not Formatting SD

[ New ]

Hi @metroskywarn

We have shared this with the team.

For higher capacity SD cards(128GB and up), we recommend formatting them on a computer.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

Tourist

[ New ]

Okay this issue has been solved!!  I sent back the SD card as defective and ordered a new one.  And the replacement works like a dream!  So it was a faulty SD card...

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @metroskywarn

We have shared this with the team.

For higher capacity SD cards(128GB and up), we recommend formatting them on a computer.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Okay this issue has been solved!!  I sent back the SD card as defective and ordered a new one.  And the replacement works like a dream!  So it was a faulty SD card...

GoPro

[ New ]

Great to know that, @metroskywarn. Thank you for posting back for an update.