Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 9 Black Horizon Leveling

I have just taken delivery of my new Gopro Hero 9 Black camera and started navigating my way through the options. I think I have mastered most of the basics, however the horizon leveling option seems to be missing entirely. According to the instructions I should be able to able a lens option of Linear + Horizon Leveling, but this option is simply not there on mine. How can I get it to operate when the menu option is missing ?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 9 Black Horizon Leveling

It is quite certain that this feature will only be available after the update!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Current update from
https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black
carried out?

Highlighted
Nomad

you have to set horizon level on in settings of video 

Highlighted
GoPro

@warbyghost, be sure to have the latest firmware installed on your HERO9 Black camera and enable the HyperSmooth in the video settings. You should see Linear + Horizon Leveling under Lens options.

Highlighted
Tourist

My problem is that the option is just not there for me. I have read the manual, but the option is not where it is supposed to be.

Highlighted
Tourist

No I have not been able to do this as I am currently on holidays and do not have access to the firmware update. Do you think that the horizon leveling option was not included in the original firmware ?

Highlighted
Tourist

I am currently travelling and have not been able to install the firmware update. I only have the firmware that was shipped with the camera. 

Highlighted
GoPro

@warbyghost, did you enable/activate the HyperSmooth in the video settings? Would you be able to share with us a photo showing the video settings currently set on your camera?

To ensure that all video modes and settings are available, ensure that your camera has been updated to the latest firmware via a manual update or via the GoPro App.