Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Hero 9 Accessories Not Available - Smart Remote Doesn’t Work? Mass Returns Inbound

[ New ]

Yes, unfortunately this is just a case of laziness on the part of the manual creator using a copy and paste.  Not surprising since usually it's different dept's working on these things with very little communication between them.

Fact is the new remote may not even be in production yet.  It makes more sense to see how well the camera sells before producing additional (costly) accessories if you don't have guaranteed sales.

Hiker

Re: Hero 9 Accessories Not Available - Smart Remote Doesn’t Work? Mass Returns Inbound

[ New ]

they could start a poll and actually ask the customers what they want - not a hard thing to do and have all our emails.

and if they had any business sense what so ever; they could do a thing called "pre-order" with an expected release date so those wanting one can at least put their foot in the linem, be guaranteed a unit or 2; ultimately they know how many are ready to pull the trigger for manufacturing.

i swear there is a 6 year old running this circus

Hiker

[ New ]
Hiker

[ New ]
Fantastic! How you do it? In my opinion it's just a matter of firmware!
Hiker

[ New ]
Hiker

[ New ]

@fastcreek74726 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMrTxR-a0iU

We have tried your suggestion, tried it with several remotes without any luck.

If you do not want to be just regarded as a UI for Gopro I humbly suggest that you include the information about the firmware version in your setup.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm also interested since I have 2 controls and I can't do it even by putting the camera on 2.4 G networks

Hiker

[ New ]

hi, the camera is running 1.22, the wifi remote is 2.2.1

it only works for a short time as the camera can't see the cloud to upload so drops off - proof of concept showing that it should work if they put the remote feature back in. i'd be happy with just start and stop; obviously the more legacy features they can put in the better