Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Hero 9 Accessories Not Available - Smart Remote Doesn’t Work? Mass Returns Inbound

This is EXTREMELY disappointing and frustrating that GoPro releases a new product with features that the customer cannot even use because they have no accessories available. No Max Lens Mod and no Media Mod available to customers. This is an absolute shame to see GoPro dropping the ball like this. When we'll be able to purchase "the rest of the camera"???? 🙄

Also, the Smart Remote does NOT work with the Hero 9. You will NOT be using a remote to control multiple cameras of one of them is a Hero 9. This is a MAJOR issue for many many people who control multiple cameras at the same time..... or even just one Hero 9. That is just crazy. What is GoPro thinking???🤬 Watch them drop a new Smart Remote on us that is NOT compatible with any other GoPros. When will the remote be released and what are it;a planned capabilities?

I am just shocked by this poor release of the Hero 9. It was not ready for market at all. Advertising features that are not even possible yet is just a huge slap in the face to customers. I suspect there will be mass returns incoming..... rightfully so. Mine is being returned if GoPro does not make it right very soon.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 9 Accessories Not Available - Smart Remote Doesn’t Work? Mass Returns Inbound

I am also frustrated by the lack of accessories. Crazy marketing and execution. I want to spend my money and they refuse to accept it. :D

I asked the support for ETA on the accessories and they do not know. It probably will be 11 more months before they manage to produce some. Dissapointing!

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 9 Accessories Not Available - Smart Remote Doesn’t Work? Mass Returns Inbound

Hmmm, I ordered a GoPro Hero 9 and a media mod and got both.  I guess the early bird get's the worm.

Go here:

https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/hero9-black/tech-specs?pid=CHDHX-901-master

Read the tech specs, click on connected features.  It says "The Remote Compatible (Coming Soon)"

No where else does it say that the smart remote works with the GoPro Hero 9, no where does it claim that the smart remote works with the GoPro Hero 9.  That's on you for not reading and researching before you buy something.  You just assumed.

So I would suggest you either wait on a firmware update or just return your camera.  I think returning the camera becaues you can't wait on a firmware update for the remote is a bit dramatic though.

Highlighted
Hiker

Uh, you’re missing the point. I don’t care that it doesn’t claim that the remote is compatible or if they put up a huge neon sign saying it is not. For those who shoot with numerous cameras at once.. which is a HUGE deal..... the 9 is useless. Understand now? If they drop a new remote that does not work with anything but the 9, it’s a money grab and they just neutered at least 20% of their users.

Congrats on being the .01% who got a Media Mod. The rest of us can’t get one. The rushed the release of this camera and dropped the ball big time. We can’t even use an external microphone now. What a joke.
Highlighted
Nomad

It's a bit like talking to a wall.  GoPro have already said a firmware update will be released for the smart remote.  You can still use an external microphone, if you don't want to wait on the media mod, get the GoPro Mic adapter instead.

Can I see the production and sales figures so you can back up your claim of that only .01% of people got a media mod?  Would love to know where you're getting this factual information....

Highlighted
Hiker

You’re not paying attention then. GoPro has already said that the Smart Remote will not be compatible with the Hero 9. Not ever. An all new remote is coming. The pro mic adapter does NOT work with the Hero 9 after updating software. I have three of them and they are not working for anybody. It’s a bit like talking to a wall, huh.
Highlighted
Tourist

They did not produce enough Media mods (it is a fact). They should have known the demand figures and ignore them (for whatever reason). The media mod was gone after just a couple of hours of release. This is not bad planning and execution or lack of resources to deliver.
Highlighted
Hiker

Media Mods went in stock this morning and I was able to order one. They’re still available but who knows for how long. Now, if they can just stock the Lens Mod and fix the 1.21 software..... things will start looking up.