Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 9 - 2.7K 24/25fps?

[ New ]

Hello,

I have tried to set the Hero 9 to 2.7K 24fps but unfortunatley it will only do 50 or 100fps. I have tried with a few different lens options but each time I can only select 50 or 100fps. No option for 24 or 25fps as these a greyed out.

Is this just me or does anyone else have this problem?

Are there any plans in a future firmware update to include 24/25fps for 2.7K?

Regards

Rodney

Sightseer

Re: Hero 9 - 2.7K 24/25fps?

[ New ]
Yeah I have the exact same problem, total nightmare, i have no idea why they would get rid of these frame rates. But upon reading through the manual it appears they've ditched them. It sucks because 4k footage kills my computer but if I want to use 24fps which i normally do, then I'm forced into 4k. Seriously makes no sense I'll be using my hero 8 until this gets updated!
Hiker

[ New ]

Turning Max Lens on will give you Max Video mode which will get you closer with 30 fps at 2.7k. Not the same I know. GoPro advertised this camera as "more of everything". Test results determined that is a lie.

Hiker

[ New ]

My Mavic Mini does 2.7k at 24fps so naturally I would like to have the same settings in the Hero 9. Matching the quality, especially the frame rates would make life much easier. 

The Hero 9 is my first Gopro camera so I am not sure what recording options were available with the 7 and 8.

I did see something when glancing over the internet that Gopro's 2.7k at 24fps is really soft looking. Perhaps the quality is not there.

Who knows?

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Kris,

Do we need the Max Lens before we can choose that mode?

Regards

Rodney

Hiker

[ New ]
I believe you just have to select Max Lens mode and it will work. You just won’t be able to select any wide or superview angles.
Tourist

[ New ]

Agree. I don't want to record 4K/25 because of big amount of data. 2,7K/25 was enough for me. GoPro, please, add 2,7K 24/25 fps mode to GoPro 9.

Backpacker

[ New ]

IF you select Max Mod lens mode you will indeed get the frame rates you want, but your image will be distorted.  The Max Mod Lens mode needs to crop out some area's of the footage while adding a distortion filter to accomdate for the curvature of the ultrawide lens.  

Hiker

[ New ]
just wow at this point.
how have the screwed up the hero 9 in so many unique ways.
was it an internal bet:

"hey, do you think we can sell an actual piece of poo for the hero 10?"
"not sure, lets release 3/4 of a poop- named hero 9 and see how sales go, first"
Nomad

[ New ]
More Everything....
Sightseer

[ New ]

Is there any way to upvote this? Would be a very useful feature (for when you want nicer pix but storage/battery/other constraints wont let you go all the way to 4K). And surely not hard to implement (as the 3+black, 5 and 7, at least, can do it)

Hiker

[ New ]
If people agree with the premise of the thread, to keep it active they could just reply with a +1
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, everyone. We appreciate the feedback. We have passed this on to the team. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi Mariustanya,

Thanks for taking note of our concerns/needs.

Kind Regards

Rodney
Sightseer

Betreff: Hero 9 - 2.7K 24/25fps?

[ New ]

@johnrodney  schrieb:

Hello,

I have tried to set the Hero 9 to 2.7K 24fps but unfortunatley it will only do 50 or 100fps. I have tried with a few different lens options but each time I can only select 50 or 100fps. No option for 24 or 25fps as these a greyed out.

Is this just me or does anyone else have this problem?

Are there any plans in a future firmware update to include 24/25fps for 2.7K?

Regards

Rodney

Nomad

Betreff: Hero 9 - 2.7K 24/25fps?

[ New ]

Has anyone tried the MaxLensModus without LensMod ?! Just do it ... and only cries when that really doesn't work ;)

In any case, I didn't notice any distortions.

Hiker

[ New ]

I really want 30 fps at 2.7k, it is crazy to remove it, is there an explanation to why they ditched it? Surely it is perfectly capable of it if it can do 2.7k 60 or 4k 30

Hiker

[ New ]

+1 . I too wish there was 2.7k 30 fps available for the Hero9 .. its available in the Max Lens mode and in the Hero 8 .. does not make sense why its not available in the normal mode when clearly the camera is capable of it (in Max Lens Mode)

Nomad

[ New ]

This is a good idea, just saw Gopro Labs was able to overwrite Automatic shutter speed creating a customizable minimum speed limiter for controlling stabilization in low light scenarios. The internal Gopro interface isn't changed but internally works.

Unless there's a hardware incompatibility, which doesn't seem at all, this is the kind of thing Gopro Labs could achieve.

Hiker

[ New ]

@isaakonfire wrote:

This is a good idea, just saw Gopro Labs was able to overwrite Automatic shutter speed creating a customizable minimum speed limiter for controlling stabilization in low light scenarios. The internal Gopro interface isn't changed but internally works.

Unless there's a hardware incompatibility, which doesn't seem at all, this is the kind of thing Gopro Labs could achieve.

Just tried it with the labs firmware and configuration - Still it is not able to acheive 30fps at 2.7k in normal mode

Nomad

[ New ]

Nah, It doesn't overwrite it, still, but that idea is totally realizable.