Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 8 worse quality of photos than Hero 8

[ New ]

Settings the same booth cameras. ISO 100, Sharpen MAX, COLOR GOPRO.  GP8 blurred image in comparison with GP7. This is standard or problem the concret cameras ? Maybe some of you have both and compare the quality of the photos?

Adventurer

[ New ]

this was  handheld  I did   so not sure why you  have a blurred shot. could the lens be smudged. or nightlapse used?  GOPR0670.JPG

Hiker

[ New ]
Adventurer

[ New ]

photo looks good to me if asked .

Hiker

[ New ]

It's not too bad with a shallow stage, but hero 7 still has more details (see the inscription on the brother printer).

Nomad

[ New ]
First, try the same Shutter value (not auto).
Hiker

[ New ]

Download image and check EXIF - Shutter value is the same. Hero 8 more blurry, out of focus image compared to Hero 7. Can anyone make a similar comparison? Is this Hero8 like that or are all worse than Hero 7.

Nomad

[ New ]

Already checked EXIF, that's why i can see the Shutter value is NOT the same and why i said you to set SAME values, NOT auto!
Hero8: 1/317 (Auto)
Hero7: 1/218 (Auto)
I don't know the way you check the exif but it's clearly a bad way.

Now, if you won't give anwsers to our questions, and won't do what we suggest you, i don't know why you still post this thread...