Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 won't connect to Internet WiFi preventing me from live streaming

@haindashThose steps didn't work for me either.

Also, why go through all of that resetting, clearing, and rebooting when we can simply run the June version of the app? It's been working correctly for me ever since I found out it was the app causing the issue through self-testing. Downloading the old APK (6.18) and stopping updates really helped. Each time I go to use the Gopro now it works 100% I don't have to mess with it for a half-hour.

One last point of mention, I was able to get it to work like maybe once or twice through a gambit of resetting/reboots/formatting. But it was NOT consistent nor was it fast. Hour or two later after like 50 tries maybe it would work once. Not worth it to me.

Loading the older version of the app is the only way to go. The issue doesn't occur at first. You stream, and it's fine everything is good. Then after a random period of time, it just stops and doesn't display wifi networks no matter what you do. We've explained many times over here exactly how/why this occurs. It would be nice to see an update from GOPRO and the issue actually corrected. There shouldn't be any more data that needs to be collected. GOPRO has been collecting data for months... and as the customer we have even figured the issue out for GOPRO. It's simply the app. Not related to the firmware - it does it on all versions. We even isolated the issue to a specific app version that works vs doesn't work. Please, look into this and fix the GOPRO app.

Highlighted
Tourist

Really the same issues here. There are a number of bugs in both the camera software and the app. Very disappointed that there seems to be little interest in fixing either one or both.

The error flag due to a dropped WIFI connection that won't clear in the app appears to actually be in the camera. The only way to get it to clear is to remove the battery from the camera to actually turn it off (including bluetooth and WIFI) and then to reconnect everything.

Highlighted
Hiker

I've been also dealing with this same issue & have posted in hopes of GoPro improving the Live Streaming side of things with little to no avail. At this point its come down to praying that the next release adds/fix features we've been requesting for.

Its understandable updates take time however we aren't given any sincere signs of being heard. 

If GoPro is fine with dishing out the bare minimum for this niche usage then so be it. 

Meanwhile its good to see others such as DJi & Insta360 entering the live-streaming market more and more.

Hopefully someone can realize the value of the live streaming market.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for reporting this problem and thank you for your time in sharing information.
We have been able to replicate the problem on our end and we have opened a bug report to further investigate what is happening.
Highlighted
Tourist

@haindash thanks for the update. Is the bug tracker public? Will this be updated when a fix for the issue is deployed or is there somewhere else we should be checking?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi,
Sorry but the bug tracker isn't public. I will check how the bug evolves and will report back.
Highlighted
Tourist

Much appreciated!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Not working on samsung s20 plus ultra and note 10 ultra