Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 won't connect to Internet WiFi preventing me from live streaming

Hi @redpike01247 @greenlight6174 @dbelleba @heroiccres14127

We are trying to gather some more information.

Can you help us with the following information: Camera and version, GoPro App version, phone and OS version.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 my streaming service is working again. I'm using Android 10 on my Galaxy s10 / App version 7.2 / Gopro hero 8 black version 02.01 I don't know what fixed this problem. Maybe the app update ?
Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm having the same problem... OnePlus 6t

I wiped all data and that didn't work
I deleted and reinstalled
Turned both devices on and off

Can anyone tell me where to get the jun/jul version.
Highlighted
Tourist

Really getting sick of these software companies just dropping application version changes and then removing all avenues of reverting..

For the older version, you can find it by way of Google. Usually, APK mirror is great. Make sure you are careful about what you're doing as the application isn't downloaded from the play store. You can type GoPro old version in google then look for additional apk mirrors.

Good luck, hopefully, Gopro gets on the ball and tests their stuff in the future before they FORCE customers to use it..... This is a pretty common thing, I've also had an unrelated software bug with an entirely different company recently. This stuff is looking more and more common. Make sure after you get the older version installed you stop all future play store updates on that application and do not manually update it. I would run that version for a long time until it's been completely confirmed they fixed the issue for some months.

Highlighted
Tourist

I mentioned before I've tried (ussuccessfully) 3 different Android devices running 8.1.0, 9, and 10 using both v7.1 and v7.2 version of the app with both firmware v2.00 and v2.01 with the Hero 8.

I am able to report that version 6.18 of the app on my Android 10 device with the latest v2.01 firmware does work as expected, just as @greenlight6174 has also said.

Highlighted
GoPro

@redpike01247 @defthike581 @dbelleba @heyjackimhere @heroiccres14127

Sorry about the issues you are experiencing on our side when testing, it was working as expected for us.

Another user @jimh28 managed to get it to work following those steps:

1. Remove the battery from the camera

2. Go to app. The app will no longer automatically connect tto the camera even if the camera is "off".

3. Delete the Hero 7 from the camera history.

4. Put the battery back into the camera and power on.

5. CHoose Connect a Device on the camera and choose app.

6. Connect GoPro to App.

7. Then go to Live Stream. The app will now prompt me if I want to use "WIFI_NAME", and when i select the prompted WIFI and supply password, it connects properly and gives me the option to live stream on Facebook.

Could you give it a try and lets us know if this could work for you as well?

Original thread for reference: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Cannot-Stream-Facebook-Live-Various-issues/m-p/808803#/M17487...

Highlighted
Tourist

There is one other thing. Once you get Facebook Streaming to work, if the streaming session is ended by loss of WIFI or connection, an error flag will latch in the app that says "Your stream ended because the WIFI connection was lost".

This dialog is ended by clicking "Got It" in the lower right-hand corner. You are then taken to the splash page for the camera, where you select 'Control Your GoPro".

The problem here is that the error flag is not cleared by the selction of "Got It" in the previous screen, so as soon as you try for another attempt at the Live Stream, you are immediately confronted with the error dialog again. And when you hit 'Got It", you are tkaen back to the splash page. SO there is not possibility to live stream again.

I am working on how to clear that error floag. I've already cold-booted the phone, and that doens' clear it. I am going to try removinf g the battery from the camera.

GoPro - how about you fix your stuff - hardware, software...?

Highlighted
Tourist

@haindash unfortunately this did not work in my case with Hero 8. Thanks.