Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 won't connect to Internet WiFi preventing me from live streaming

Hello @redpike01247. We're looking into this. Could you please also provide us your details?

1. The model of the phone that you are using and the OS it is on
  2. The current version of the GoPro app that you are using, as well as the version with which stream function works. 
  3. The title indicates HERO8 Black, but is the issue observed with other camera models as well? 
  4. Screenshot, if any, of the error screen on the app. 

Thank you.

Highlighted
Tourist

I only have the Hero 8 Black to try with live streaming. Screenshot is the same as what was posted by OP.

Last time I tried this, when I got it to work, was probably around August or September time frame. To my knowlede only 2 things have changed: Previous working attempt was pre-v2.00 firmware. Now running v2.01 but v2.00 also failed. I initlally put v2.00 on to try the new webcam capability. And the other thing different is the app version. I'm not sure what it was before when it worked but the latest 2 versions (7.1 and 7.2) have both failed and on 3 different Android devices running 8.1.0, 9, and 10.

Highlighted
Tourist

It's simply the software/app version causing the issue. I had to revert to June or July. Two updates ago when the Facebook option was initially added it worked fine. The update directly after that caused it. I then tested various versions of firmware and they didn't seem to have an impact the issue persisted. It always works the first few times then out of the blue you will stop getting any kind of wireless networks when you go to connect (as it has you select wifi network to stream over or hot spot) Since then I've been using the older app version and it's been working great. I've used it at least ten times since without any issues. If you are going to have them test, they have to stream a few times. Mine stopped working after the first few times were successful and some time had passed. As soon as I update the app all wireless networks go out again. It is most definitely an app thing with the last two versions. Various firmware versions had no impact.
Highlighted
Tourist

@dbelleba Thanks, that's good info! I was thinking it was most likely related to app version. Are you using Android? If so, which version of the app are you able to get to work?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

We have recently released an update for the GoPro App.

Make sure to restart your phone before pairing the camera again.

Let us know how it goes with the new version.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 thanks for the update

I tried Android app v7.2 last night but had not rebooted Android device. I just tried again after rebooting. No change / no help.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same here. Just tried the latest version and same problem continues that no wifis found. I rolled back to 6.18 which at least works for me which I already mentioned earlier post

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks! @redpike01247 @greenlight6174

We'll have this shared with the team.