Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero 8 won't connect to Internet WiFi preventing me from live streaming

Im using speedify VPN to bond 2 data connections, but whenever the 2 are bonded the GOPRO wont connect to the hotspot.

If gopro updated firmware so that the gopro will connect to wifi or hotspot with VPN it should fix the problem.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have a similar problem with the iPhone 11, everything works on the camera but I can't see the previous video?

Highlighted
Tourist

I think this has to do something with disabling the auto upload. After disabling the auto upload I can no longer connect to wifi for streaming with my hero 8 and I can no longer connect to wifi for auto upload. I tried everything to reset the device but I think it somehow gets locked into a no upload/no wifi connectivity state.

Highlighted
Tourist

Okay everyone. It finally works with the latest camera update. I was able to connect to my WiFi from within the Go Pro app and then I was able to stream at 1080p.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I am still having this issue. Firmware 2.01 did not resolve it. Once, I was able to view a complete list of the networks around me. After that I continued receiving the "No Networks Found" error.

Today, I tried resetting everything and reinstalling the app. I was able to connect to my household router (password & all) to stream once, but not again. After the Facebook stream ended, I tried it again......."No Networks Found" on the streaming configuration page!

Edit: please ignore the YouTube video below.  I accidentally copy-pasted the link into the message window and no amount of editing will allow me to delete it.  I really shouldn't have to do this much research to get the thing to work as advertised.

Curious about the GoPro Hero 8 for Live Streaming? David shows you what all you need to live stream with the GoPro 8 and what you need to know!#GoProHero8 #H...
Highlighted
Tourist

I know this is probably not what you want, but maybe you might try this? https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Use-Your-GoPro-as-a-Webcam/ta-p/665493 I was going to try it if the GoPro didn’t connect to my network. What do you think?
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm trying to do out-of-home live streaming.
I connected to the home router just to test the live streaming feature.
Either way, I SHOULD be able to reconnect to the home network a 2nd time, or even - god forbid - my mobile hotspot.

I wanted to point out to GoPro Support that it's a bug/glitch with the camera's ability to act as a wi-fi client and the way that functionality interfaces with the app. It's not COMPLETELY broken, just pathetically fragile and completely unreliable.
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes I agree. When I talked to Go Pro support, they recommended I reformat the SD Card, then download the update to the card, then manually update the camera instead of automatically do it. I know however that none of those techniques worked for me, but I wasn’t ever able to connect at all. Instead I had to just wait a year or so for a new update. But, those techniques may work for you seeing as how you were able to get it to work the first time. Here are the steps they sent me:

Based on the description that you have provided, I would recommend manually updating the camera's firmware version as it usually corrects any problems with the previous software version and installation. I have outlined the Manual Update instructions below for your reference.

In this process you will need a couple of things:
• MicroSD card Reader/ Adapter
• Laptop/ Desktop Computer

Please take note that when running a manual update, you want to make sure that the camera is not plugged in to a power source and you must have at least two battery levels in the camera. Let me share to you the chronological order on how to run it on the camera.

1. Plug in the SD card to your computer using SD card adapter.
2. Reformat the SD card in the computer.

Note: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you transfer any videos or pictures you want to keep to your computer before reformatting the SD card. You can also use the microSD card reader to copy the files off your microSD card reader to the computer.
• Mac instructions
• Windows instructions
3. Once card has been formatted, create a new folder in the root level of the SD card and name it "UPDATE".
4. Go to the HERO8 Black Update page.
5. Under "OTHER WAYS TO UPDATE" click "Update your camera manually."
6. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
7. Click "Download Update." It will generate the firmware.
8. Once it is done generating the firmware, click "Click here to download firmware."
9. Extract the Update.zip folder.
• Windows - To do this, first, find the "UPDATE.zip" folder in your Downloads folder, right click the file and click "Extract to UPDATE" or "Extract All". Open the Update Folder and it should contain update files. Copy all those update files and paste them inside the new folder you have created in the SD card.
• Mac - MAC computers usually extract a zipped folder automatically. Having said that, just look for it in your Downloads folder, copy the files inside the "UPDATE" folder then paste it inside the new "UPDATE" folder inside your microSD card.
10. Safely eject the SD card from the computer then re-insert it to the camera. Power on the camera and let the camera finish its update. Please do not press any buttons while the camera is updating.