Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 8 won't connect mic or update manually

Hi All - I've been using my Hero 8 to live stream with a RODE professional mic connected via the GoPro adapter.  On monday the camera stopped recognising the mic.  My first step was to try to update the camera - it wouldn't update wirelessly so I tried a manual update using a recognised SD card - this has also failed - I get the animated update graphic on the phone and I have left it for hours but nothing happens. I have tried an alternative (also recognised) SD card but this also failed to update the camera.  I have performed a factory reset on the camera but am still experiencing the same issues (above).

I have bought and tried a new adapter and audio jack and still the camera won't recognise the mic - I get no options in the input / output screen.

The camera is being mains powered as the battery is at work - this is the only variable I haven't been able to address - but would this make any difference?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 won't connect mic or update manually

Hi @peppydawn5586

What are the SD cards you have tried?

The brand, model, and capacity will be helpful.

Please try running the update again. 

See https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero8-black

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi. It's a SanDisk Ultra 128GB - also tried the 32GB version. Tried the update 4 times already from 2 different laptops...
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The SanDisk Ultras are not on our list of recommended cards for GoPro. If you have another card that's on our list here, please try that card. Thanks.