Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 will not shoot 4k at 60fps. Nor will the mode that you use to adjust settings underwater work

[ New ]

Hi

I'm just going through all of the settings available with my new GoPro. 

Mine will not let me select 4k and 60fps... I have tried adjusting the lens setting, hypersmooth setting, and bitrate, but non of this helps. Can anyone advise on why it wont allow it?

Also, the online user manual says this on page 25:

"Although your GoPro is waterproof, the touch screen won’t work under
water. Use the buttons and front screen to change modes and settings.
1. With your camera on, hold down the Mode button and press the
Shutter button . A menu will appear on the front screen.
2. Press the Mode button to scroll through the modes and settings.
3. Use the Shutter button to select and adjust settings.
To exit: Press and hold the Shutter button or scroll until you reach
Done, and then press the Shutter button."

I've tried using this mode but it just comes up with a spanner image on the screen. The mode button does not scroll through the modes and settings.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Elliott

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Hero 8 will not shoot 4k at 60fps. Nor will the mode that you use to adjust settings underwater

[ New ]

First of all, make sure your camera is up to date and running the latest firmware.

Then make sure your camera is set to 60HZ/NTSC to enable 4K @ 60FPS

When entering the water you should disable the rear screen to prevent false input readings.  To access the menus using the buttons, you must select the mode you want using the mode button.  Then press the mode button and the shutter button at the same time for a second or two.  Then the options to select the settings for that mode will be available using the button press input.  

Hopefully this helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

Re: Hero 8 will not shoot 4k at 60fps. Nor will the mode that you use to adjust settings underwater

[ New ]

First of all, make sure your camera is up to date and running the latest firmware.

Then make sure your camera is set to 60HZ/NTSC to enable 4K @ 60FPS

When entering the water you should disable the rear screen to prevent false input readings.  To access the menus using the buttons, you must select the mode you want using the mode button.  Then press the mode button and the shutter button at the same time for a second or two.  Then the options to select the settings for that mode will be available using the button press input.  

Hopefully this helps.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for your help - I have resolved the '4k at 60fps' issue.

However, when I press the mode button and the shutter button at the same time, a little spanner comes up on the screen rather than the menu. Any idea why this is? I have the latest firmware installed...

Adventurer

[ New ]

both buts pressed gets you to VIDEO mode only with Profiles nothing more, photo mode with profiles nothing more,, you preset up teh nwhen out and about use the profiles .

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @queboh. Please try again and really make sure you press the buttons simultaneously. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi

I have tried again - definitely pressing them at the same time, and it is still not working... keeps coming up with a 'spanner' icon.

Tourist

[ New ]

Sorry - I cannot understand your message.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @queboh

If you haven't yet, please proceed with a manual update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update
Once done, reset the camera to its factory settings. https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Camera-Settings/ta-p/388279
If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej