Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 will not loop.

[ New ]

I have a custom video setup with the mode set to looping (when I edit it the top middle of the screen says "Custom" and right under it it says "looping").  But, currently, if I hit the start recording button I get the message that the SD card is too full.  I have the looping interval set to MAX.  I want it to record until the SD card is full and then start recording over from the beginning.  I have a 128Gb SD card installed.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 will not loop.

[ New ]

Hello, @petert0318. By standard setting, do you mean the presets? Yes, looping is not set on any of the default presets so you will have to customize (or create a new preset) to have the camera in Looping mode. 

Learn more about Looping Mode through this article: How Does Looping Work?

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @petert0318

What SD card brand are you using?

Format your card on the camera then restart the camera to its factory settings.

Please make sure to back up any important files before proceeding.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I was mistaken on the SD card.  I did not put the 128G card in yet.  It has a PNY 64GB microSD XC card in it.  In your instructions, if I reformat the card and then reset the camera to its default settings, I still have to recreate my custom setup to get the camera to loop correct?  I think looping cannot be done on a standard setup, correct?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @petert0318. By standard setting, do you mean the presets? Yes, looping is not set on any of the default presets so you will have to customize (or create a new preset) to have the camera in Looping mode. 

Learn more about Looping Mode through this article: How Does Looping Work?