Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 8 water in lens

I tried out my brand new Hero 8 in the swimming pool today. Before you even ask, yes the battery cover was closed properly. The lens filled up with water, and is still full of water. The camera still functions but is full of water inside the lens. Looks like im not the only one to experience this issue. GoPro support is sending me a new one, which is awesome! (thank you Customer Support). When the replacement arrives i dont think i will use it in water anymore. It was submerged only in one or two feet of water, so it wasnt a depth issue. And the lens is about halfway full of water. If there were a way to take off the rubber housing I would have tried to drain it, but it appears as thought there is no way to remove the rubber face / housing. 

7ZJFYSLjTS6eTE8bNX86CA.jpg
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 8 water in lens

Pop open the camera door and remove the battery.  Leave the camera in a warm room for a couple of days, preferabley in a tub of silica gel.  This will help absorb the moisture in your camera and gradually remove the water.

Highlighted
Tourist

The same thing happened to mine while I was in Mexico. They sent me an RMA I sent it back. They received it on Jan29th. Now I am getting nothing but excuses about why they have not sent me a replacement camera. They continue to say that the camera is waiting to be picked up by the courier.
What was a great initial purchase has turned into a nightmare.
Highlighted
GoPro

@thelugnut, sorry to hear about the trouble. We try to help out as best as we can. Is there a Support case or RMA number that we can check?

Highlighted
Tourist

Gladly. I spoke with him again yesterday at no time have they been able to give me an indication as to when the new camera was going to ship. They told me I would have an answer emailed or a call back later that day and once again nothing at all other than your reply which I very much appreciate. RMA# 07450731. the email address is under dave@speedprowest.com. I didn't notice it auto-filled when I was using my company computer when I filed the rma.
and tomorrow morning I leave for a trip to Niagara falls which I had a bunch of stuff pre-arranged and now have no camera so I guess cell phone it is. Safe to say I'm very disappointed.
Highlighted
Tourist

Well here is sit. No new information. No email or phone call once again. I am having serious doubts about the stories I have been told. Any new information GoPro?????
Highlighted
GoPro

@thelugnut, apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We've already reached out to the team in charge. We'll keep you posted as soon as new information is available. Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.