Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 utterly unreliable and useless for Karting.

[ New ]
3rd generation of GoPro for me, using it to record go kart races.

This is by far the worst camera yet. Shuts down randomly, freezes when recording, or battery goes from 100% to 0% in under 5mins.

Tried changing batteries, tried changing SD Cards (using recommended one), tried updating software, reformatting the SD.

Even had a replacement camera sent to me!!!!

This weekend we went back to the old Hero 4 because at least it works.

Doubt I'll ever buy another GoPro after this experience.
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 utterly unreliable and useless for Karting.

[ New ]

Sorry to hear that the issues remain even after a replacement camera, @stevem63370. It would be best to continue working with Support regarding this matter. Let them know that the issues were not resolved. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. You may use the case number that you were previously given as a reference. 

Nomad

[ New ]
Hey I do karting too, along with other MotorSports.

Those who race know 100% that you are already super busy and stressed as events progress. It is VERY upsetting to have your GoPro glitching, especially if u make an awesome pass or whatever…come in and see great GoPro froze yer again and you can’t just do another take.

I hope some of the tech and developers are doing action themselves…then they’d truly understand the destoked tone of so many.
Tourist

[ New ]
What else is there left to try?

Seems more like garbage software than anything else - to busy releasing new cameras to bother making they old stuff work properly.
Tourist

[ New ]
Absolutely!!

My son made 12 passes in a race when he had to start at the back... GoPro crapped out before he'd even left the grid.

Thanks for that GoPro