Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 super hot

After contacting support, following the process to reformat, download the SD card format application, and leaving the camera on record for 30-60 min, the GoPro 8 failed and became extremely hot after just 15-20 min. The camera would shutdown as well. All camera defaults were set on the unit with a temp of 60 degrees Fahrenheit in the room of testing. It got too hot to hold everytime; however, it did not shutdown everytime. Maybe 1 out of 3 test.

Support was very responsive and asked me to ship the 8 back to them as I did and the package arrived yesterday. I did ask the replacement to be expidited back as I have an event on the 24th of Nov.

Thank you GoPro and customer support!!

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 super hot

Thanks for sharing. That's encouraging that gopro support is so helpful in replacing the over temp camera. I'm still trying to find time to test my camera and I hope I'll know soon if it's still over heating after the manual firmware update. Even tho it's the same firmware version.