Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 8 sin HDMI

Me siento estafado al comprar la Hero 8, por ese precio y sin puerto HDMI, toca comprar un accesorio a parte, si hubiera sabido no la compro.
Highlighted
Tourist

Rif.: Hero 8 sin HDMI

Basta prendere un cavo da usb-c a hdmi e lo collega alla tv
Saluti, Kevin.
Highlighted
Hiker

@megagorge81434Have you done that and got it working?  I tried with the 2 I use with my Galaxy S9/S10 Note+ and it didn't work.

The MediaMod is £79.99 which is quite pricey  and yes I would have preferred the HDMI and Audio to have been built into the camera, but I guess that there has to be a trade off between extra funcionality, heat removal and the space yiou have in a little camera.

On the other hand,  as I would have to get the audio brick anyway (£50) that means for the extra £30 I get a cage, microphone and the HDMI output as well.   Still, I would have preferred it was cheaper.  And aluminium.

Highlighted
Tourist

te ha funcionado? a mi no me funciono.

Highlighted
Hiker

Nope didn't work for me.

All I can say is that if I was to develop a camera and also developed an addon which connected to the USB (which I would also want everyone to buy)  then I would try and make it hard for third party manufacturers to make cut price versions or customers using off thge shelf parts.

I'd probably put in a chip into the add on that the camera checks for and makes sure it's genuine (e.g. by using some type of challenge-responce set up) so that I can verify the add on is made by me.  Only once I've done that would the code in the camera to use the add on be activated.  That way even if it used standard HDMI over USBC connection, the camera wouldn't activate the HDMI code if it didn't detect my special chip and get the right responce so off the shelf devices wouldn't work.  Depending on the way the Challenge - Responce mechanism is designed the complexity might also exclude 3rd party manufacturers from making a compatiable device.

Highlighted
Adventurer

how gopro gets you.  

Highlighted
Explorer

Hmmmm, I don't see HDMI port listed https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/hero8-black/tech-specs?pid=CHDHX-801-master 

I don't see it in the manual either.

Yeah, that's how they "get you".

Highlighted
Hiker

That's what the media mod is for. Gone are the days of the Hero 4 where all you needed was the right connectors,, some wire and a resistor to add the external mic ( the HDMI having a mini port on the camera)