Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 sd card issue?

I have the very same problem but using high data rate mode in 4k30, not 60.

It happens occasionally. In a week, I recorded about 100 chips, longs and shorts. It happened twice. Card is SanDisk 128G Ulra A1.

When it happened, I was noticed when I try to stop recording. It will beep once, without trible beeps later. Screen is on but freezed. Have to hold power switch to shut it down and restart. While checking the recorded file, the video is freezed very early but sound is continued for several minutes and then all stopped. The file length is much less than the time displayed on the freezed screen. In one of my cases, the video is about 3 min, sound is about 10 min and the freezed screen reported as ~30 min.

I hope GoPro will launch a new firmware. While this problem happening, beep your device repeatly instead of freeze silently.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 sd card issue?

I recorded some video yesterday on a new Lexar Professional 1800x 128GB v90 card and experienced large amounts of jitteriness. I'll be opening my support ticket again, thanks.