Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 8 sd card issue?

Hello, 

I am having an issue with my Hero 8B stops recording images in videos but keeps recording audio. This usually happens 20-30 mins into a recording at 4k60. I am using a SanDisk Extreme PRO, which I speed tested and got 80MB/s write. I talked to a CS rep and he stated that my card is not fast enough, and that I should purchase a v60 or v90 card. Looking at the SD card compatibility list I'm not even seeing any cards rated that fast. So I guess what I am asking is, does the compatibility list show cards that will work using any setting on the Hero 8? If not, how would I know that and what are cards that will? Thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 sd card issue?

Hi @bluewater087,

As long as you're using a recommended card you shouldn't be encountering those king of problem. 

Please try to reset your camera and update it manaully. 

It might help. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey, thanks for the response. I did do a factory reset, updated manually, and formatted the card which resolved the original jittery problem I had, but I am still having the video stoppage problem.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @bluewater087,

Can you please try a lower resolution. 

Probably 2.7k or 1440 and check if it will have the same gap. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

The issue does not seem very consistent, I just finished a 45 minute 4k60 recording at high bitrate that recorded fine. It seems like every 2-3 videos has an issue.
Highlighted
GoPro

Do you have an alternative SD card? @bluewater087

It would be best if your alternative SD card is a recommended card for GoPro Cameras. 

-jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

I only have another SanDisk Extreme PRO but I have not tried recordings on it at 4k60 100mbps
Highlighted
GoPro

Got it @bluewater087

Please check if you will notice the same issue on that card. 

-Jay